Thread: Weatherby Vanguard 338 Trigger

Default Weatherby Vanguard 338 Trigger

I can't take the factory trigger on this gun anymore Does anyone know were at in Anchorage or Wasilla that I can take it to get adjusted or a new one? It is adjustable and I adjusted it myself but, still way to heavy.

Chris

From the limited information you have provided it's hard to know which trigger generation you have? I would first check the web for information and then I would adjust it myself. When you think about what you need to do the job yourself it maybe cheaper to take it to somebody you trust to do the work,wildalaska must be a sleep at the switch as he has not piped up to brag his works at shop up, yet?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

It is a new gun, just purchased a few months ago. I have checked the web and pretty much the majority of people replace the trigger. The problem with adjusting the trigger is that when you adjust it down to were you want it the safety will not work. I am just curious were a good shop is to take it to see if they can get past the safety issue or replace the trigger. Thanks,

Chris

wildalaska must be a sleep at the switch as he has not piped up to brag his works at shop up, yet?
    No actually I am busy making sure the hundreds of customers we see, email, talk to, order for and sell to get serviced correctly whilst at the same time doing network maintanance and all the other paperwork we, as dealers, must do.

That being said, you would need to bring your gun in and we can see if we can fix your trigger pull to a crisp 3.5lbs without replacing the factory one

Will do, thanks!

I'll be interested in hearing what the solution to this is. My S&W M1500 trigger (which is the same as the Howa M1500 and should be the same as the Vanguard) is extremely easy to adjust. I have it set to well below 3.5 lbs and very crisp and all I did was adjust the front screw.

Did you adjust the front screw?

Here's an excellent tutorial thread started by a gunsmith on another forum for adjusting the Howa trigger.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ent-how-52584/

Default Yep

I did adjust the front screw but, when I get it to were it fills good the safety want work. I read the tutorial, and it explains why it want work. It seems pretty easy to do but, I just don't want to screw it up

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by gristec View Post
    I did adjust the front screw but, when I get it to were it fills good the safety want work. I read the tutorial, and it explains why it want work. It seems pretty easy to do but, I just don't want to screw it up

Chris
    I can understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    Here's an excellent tutorial thread started by a gunsmith on another forum for adjusting the Howa trigger.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ent-how-52584/
    Very good link MontanaRifleman.

My nephew got Vanguard 7mm-08 for his birthday a couple of weeks ago. I plan on adjusting his trigger on my next trip to Anchorage. I have already loaded a variety of recipes for testing too.

Cool Marshal, a great starter cartridge. Hopefully, his trigger will be as easy as mine was to adjust.

Default So

I ended up giving it a shot. Very easy to do. I just gave it a couple of light strokes with 180 paper and it is fully adjustable now.

Chris

Why does my chest feel like it is expanding? I just love it wen a guy follows some good advice. I sure am happy you got her done with a minimum of expense. Kind of nice that the do it yourselves can still get by once in awhile, ain't it?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

The only flaw in the Howa is the trigger. A couple of years ago I fought a couple of those triggers until mother had had enough and took my toys away.

I could find little help on the net then. This is a very good piece of information to have and it is well presented!

Thanks for sharing MR, ya done good!