Thread: Always confused

Default Always confused

Why is this forum backwards and I have to go to the end for the first post? If there are 11 pages I have to go there for the first post and number 1 is the last.

Quote Originally Posted by bfrshooter View Post
    Why is this forum backwards and I have to go to the end for the first post? If there are 11 pages I have to go there for the first post and number 1 is the last.
    I guess it's a matter of perspective. I think all other forums are backwards because I want to see the most recent post first so I don't have to navigate through ones I've already seen.

If you click on the thread title, in this case Always Confused, you will go right to the first post.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

If you click on "user cp" on the upper left portion of this screen (left of FAQ, Community, Calender....) and then on the left hand column of that page you will see "edit options". Once you have opened the edit options page scroll about 2/3s of the way down the page until you see "thread display mode" Click the drop down tab and selective "Linear-Oldest first" and you should be setup. Sounds more complicated than it really is.

Not sure why it isn't standard for members to start out this way as I routinely help new members figure this out and it seems the majority of the folks run the "Linear-older first" style, but it is they way it is for now. Maybe I'll drop a note higher up the food chain here to see if they can change it.

OK, that fixed it. I like it better because when I open a new thread I like to see the first post.