Thread: Aire Traveler motor mount

Default Aire Traveler motor mount

Need to make a motor mount for my new Traveler to hold either a Honda 2 hp or a Suzuki 2.5.
    Looking for some photos to get some ideas to start my planning if you have any.
    Thanks
    Tennessee

Sold my Traveler but I had a file with pics of a couple homemade mounts...I'll see if I can find it.
    Seems to me that AK Raft wanted about $250 to fabricate one...was too much for me.

btw...Is there a reason you're staying so small with the outboard? That boat would probably be right at home with a six hp or more.
    Suzi makes a great little 6hp 4stroke with an integrated tank.
    Proud to be an American!

Thanks, would love to see some photos. Have a couple of ideas of how to proceed but more ideas are always better.
    Purpose of this canoe/motor is mostly to take it in on fly in hunts. Then it will just be used to cruise around to get from one area to another. Like the idea of the 2 hp because it will push it faster than two guys can and be easier to control in the wind. Trying to keep the entire package as light as possible.
    Tennessee

Default Try this...

not great for the mount, but view the 3 "Aire Raft Traveler in Alaska" film clips: http://www.aire.com/aire/adventure/g...type=33&page=7

In the 3rd one, is the best (brief) view of the mounting. In one of the other 2, these 2 guys' names are given. Might give you a point of contact? AR&K could no doubt help too.

Good luck.

Found a neat example from a fellow forum member. He just connected a piece of metal to the rear of the rear seat, extended it out and had a flat piece of stock put on it to clamp the motor to. Connected to the seat solves the problem of insuring the motor will not twist the mount. Should be a cool project to do once the Suzuki comes in.
    Tennessee

Default not the best

Here are a couple of pictures from the one that I had put together by Tracy at ARK. Worked like a champ!! The motor is a mercury 3.3 and weighs 28 lbs