Thread: Brown Bear Rug Advice??

Default Brown Bear Rug Advice??

Just back from Yakutat and got a beautiful brown bear--nothing huge, 7.5' or maybe a bit more, but absolutely beautiful. Hunting partner connected with a brute though.

Looking for updated info on recommendations on who to use for a rug in the K-Penn and/or Anchorage/Valley area. I used T-cubed for my last black bear a few years ago and they did a good job, but seems some recent experiences have caused questions.

With the fact that folks/owners/staff change from time to time, wanted to ask for current info on who folks would recommend. Thanks in advance.

Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

trophy tanning in palmer did a great job on mine. He tans them himself in state also.

Default AK Wildlife Studio

Larry at AK Wildlife is not only the owner, but the only person in his shop. He did a bear for my son last year and will have to say, he does bears as well as Joe Romero does sheep! His # is 279-9742. If you call him tell him Steve sent you since you did such a great job on Michael's rug.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwill View Post
    Just back from Yakutat and got a beautiful brown bear--nothing huge, 7.5' or maybe a bit more, but absolutely beautiful. Hunting partner connected with a brute though.

Looking for updated info on recommendations on who to use for a rug in the K-Penn and/or Anchorage/Valley area. I used T-cubed for my last black bear a few years ago and they did a good job, but seems some recent experiences have caused questions.

With the fact that folks/owners/staff change from time to time, wanted to ask for current info on who folks would recommend. Thanks in advance.

Will
    This thread is absolutely worthless without pics!!!

Default Pics

Pictures of my bear turned out poorly because of the lack of light, but posted a couple anyway over in the gallery. The photo's of my buddies bear turned out great as we had a lot more light--but figured I didn't want to steal his thunder by posting.

Thanks for the insight on rugs so far. Am calling a couple places suggested today.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwill View Post
    Pictures of my bear turned out poorly because of the lack of light, but posted a couple anyway over in the gallery. The photo's of my buddies bear turned out great as we had a lot more light--but figured I didn't want to steal his thunder by posting.

Thanks for the insight on rugs so far. Am calling a couple places suggested today.
    Got em'. Great job on a nice brownie! The size and color of your bear makes a beautiful rug.

Default Pictures

Customer interior grizz bear rug.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=76315