Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about handgun wishes? Any takers?

Default How about handgun wishes? Any takers?

My wish is for a gun maker such as Ruger to produce a pistol with a long barrel just like the Ruger .10/22 already in production, except for not being an auto-loader. The idea is for me to be able to load the chamber with either .22LR, or .22Short if I want. It would make it a single-shot, but perfect for hunting a grouse or two during moose season without all the noise a .22LR produces. I already have air pistols, and auto-loading .22LR pistols I use for shooting grouse, and I already know how much noise these make, unless I load them with a .22Short with a set of tweezers (a pain in the neck).

I know a Contender frame would be fine, but it can get quite expensive. A XP-100 would be very nice, but it costs from $400.00 to $1,500 depending on features, while the little Ruger is cheap enough, a small package, and plenty accurate.

get a revolver and you can shot shorts out it is. I have a single six and a tarus that I shot short out of.

Ruger BH stainless bisley 5.5 and/or 7.5 barrel 5 shot 480 or better yet 475 Linebaugh. Oh, and also offer it in a 454.

Quote Originally Posted by swapdonkey View Post
    get a revolver and you can shot shorts out it is. I have a single six and a tarus that I shot short out of.
    I have at least one of those, but there isn't anything like the Ruger .10/22 I am talking about. The long barrel is quite accurate and quieter than a short barrel. I have tried a Walther air pistol with red dot sight, a revolver with the same type of sight, and a Colt pistol with the same sight. Then last year I bought a Rossi kid's rifle that comes with a .410 and .22-caliber barrels, and shoot .22Short. The barrel is about the same length as the Ruger .10/22 pistol, but the stock makes it longer (the Ruger only has a grip like a pistol, not a stock).
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CCgQ9QEwAw

I imagine that if Ruger would design a regular bolt for this pistol, they could chamber it for a lot of other calibers. How about a .454 Casull I really think that it would open another door for Ruger, and a lot of happiness to us gun nuts.

How set are you on the bolt? A Ruger Charger looks like a cool little gun. That said, I love my contenders. Not the cheapest to get into, but great guns and barrel options are GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by 1buba View Post
    How set are you on the bolt? A Ruger Charger looks like a cool little gun. That said, I love my contenders. Not the cheapest to get into, but great guns and barrel options are GREAT.
    The Contender is just fine. I just like the little Ruger, since it's quite a nice little package and priced right (around $300.00). I would put a small red dot sight on it, and carry it in my ATV cargo box on the rear rack. That's where I carry the little Rossi rifle now. Keep in mind that Ruger would still keep the 10-round magazine in my wish gun. The only difference would be a manual bolt. In this case, I can load .22LR from the magazine with the bolt, or just use the bolt to push-feed a .22Short in the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfromAK View Post
    The Contender is just fine. I just like the little Ruger, since it's quite a nice little package and priced right (around $300.00). I would put a small red dot sight on it, and carry it in my ATV cargo box on the rear rack. That's where I carry the little Rossi rifle now. Keep in mind that Ruger would still keep the 10-round magazine in my wish gun. The only difference would be a manual bolt. In this case, I can load .22LR from the magazine with the bolt, or just use the bolt to push-feed a .22Short in the chamber.
    She would be a beautiful thing!

I have an 18" contender barrel reamed special for some target L.R. ammo. Love that thing. Now you've got me thinking i need a 10" barrel on a handgun frame just for shorts. :-)

One of the best ever made and cheaper

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=167738115

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Is there some way to lock the bolt so it doesn't auto?

That way you'd have what you're looking for.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Like this?

Default This would work for you

Pay for the tax stamp and get one of these.

http://www.gem-tech.com/OASIS.html

Default maybe

why not customize a .22 cricket.

See if you can find one of the Stevens Tip Up single shots with the longer barrel. There has be some reproductions made as well. Should be perfect with shorts.

Louis Knapp

I wish Ruger would bring out the SRH, 5 shot, in 480 with 5" barrel. I wish S&W would make another run of the 357PD(41 mag).

Default my THREE wishes for handguns...

My first wish is that Springfield would quit screwing around and get the XDm .45acp out on the street (at less than $500)! C'mon Springfield...does it really take 3 years? sheesh. Give me a break!

My second wish is that Ruger or S&W (made in USA) would make me a jframe/CCW sized double action revolver (at less than $500) that would take interchangable cylinders...in .38special, .357magnum, and 9mm. (and maybe .357 sig?).
    So, I could change round choices (in any of those calibers) from the same pistol with just a 10second cylinder change.
    (all cut for use with Moon Clips). C'mon S&W...sheesh.

My third handgun wish is that if we REALLY are going to go to polymer as the future of handgunning...then you better get a darn Browning HiPower (ergonomics) pattern pistol made out of polymer and in .45acp.
    How can you say polymer is the future of handgun construction...and then ignore the absolute BEST FEELING "NATURAL" pistol ever invented. How can you NOT make it in .45acp? C'mon FN. sheesh.

And No, the EAA witness or the million other "clone-like" copies of (parts of) the original Browning design are NOT Ergonomically the same. I want a HiPower in .45acp (yes, okay, polymer), and I don't care if it's only a 10 shot magazine. I'll take it. (oh yeah...and less than $500)

I my DREAM these are all American made handguns...and LESS than $500 each.

interchangeable slides set up for the browning hi-power pistol useing the model 95 style slide for the pistol

starting with a ccw set up slide of 3.5.inchs barrel along with wayne novak sights ..

second slide -x-long slide with 6.inch barrel with with wayne novak and threaded barrel set up ..

both sides finshed with a heavy duty robar np3 finsh in black color to match the frame..
    i do love the feel of the browning for it was the only 9mm cal that was a natural pointer and shooting for me personaly..

Yup! !00% agree, I forgot to mention that the HiPower needs a "commander length" slide option. Great post, Henry!

yep looks like cricket makes "almost" what the OP is dreaming of. Only downfall is it's a single shot. Be nice if rossi would make one too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast