Thread: 2175 extreme shallow owners?

Default 2175 extreme shallow owners?

I am moving into a 2175 extreme shallow and will be using it to run the valley rivers fishing for silvers, kings, camping with family of 5, hunting with 4 wheeler, and running to friends cabin. I am looking for first hand knowlage from those of you out there that own this boat?

Thank you for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeDavies View Post
    I am looking for first hand knowlage from those of you out there that own this boat?

Thank you for your input.
    first hand knowledge of what?...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Default good boat!

I own a 2005 XS and have used it just as you plan. If you search the topic you will find tons of info. I was out on the Yentna yesterday with a fresh impeller and sleeve, wow the boat ran good.

Jason

I cannot post pics yet.
    My wife can

Default Yesterday

Good first run.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I got mine late last fall and put about 100 hours on it running the big sue, yentna, little sue and knik. Absolutely love the boat. I ran it up Knik to the glacier last weekend and twentymile this weekend. You won't regret buying one.

Default The plan

Well it is official. I just brought my new 2175 xs home. I bought it from a friend that is getting stationed over seas. He has taken great care of the boat and I would like to take it to the next level. Here are some ideas that I would like to do to the boat over the next 3 years. Let me know if I am heading in the wrong directions or if you have other suggestions for upgrades.

- High thrust impeller-for better hole shot
    - remote trim for jet - hole shot and load adjustment
    - remote trim tabs fore load adjustment and hole shot
    - Gage upgrade for engine temp and fuel consumption
    - trim position, engin hour meter,
    - light rack with light force lights for bow with quick connects
    - trolling motor mounted to bow with quick connect system with remote
    foot peddle for back trolling controle.
    - not sure if this will work but am trying to find a way to not have to
    Row?
    - uhmw for bottom portion of the center portion and back section of boat to increase life of bottom and aid in shallow water skids.

- winch system in bow
    - not sure what kind or lb size but would us to get unstuck when it happens

- replace wood floor and front hatch with aluminum and simons plating covered with marine grade Dino lining.
    - goal here is to lighten the load and replace with long lasting product.
    - that is all I can think of right now. If you have advise on these items I would love to hear about what works and items that I have not thought of yet that are field tested.

Thanks for all your wisdom that you bring to the table.

Respectfully
    Jake Davies

I would say you got the a good boat with everything you need now go play.

Well it is official. I just brought my new 2175 xs home. I bought it from a friend that is getting stationed over seas. He has taken great care of the boat and I would like to take it to the next level. Here are some ideas that I would like to do to the boat over the next 3 years. Let me know if I am heading in the wrong directions or if you have other suggestions for upgrades.

- High thrust impeller-for better hole shot
    - remote trim for jet - hole shot and load adjustment
    - light rack with light force lights for bow with quick connects
    - trolling motor mounted to bow with quick connect system with remote
    foot peddle for back trolling controle.
    - not sure if this will work but am trying to find a way to not have to
    Row?
    - uhmw for bottom portion of the center portion and back section of boat to increase life of bottom and aid in shallow water skids.

- winch system in bow
    - not sure what kind or lb size but would us to get unstuck when it happens

- replace wood floor and front hatch with aluminum and simons plating covered with marine grade Dino lining.
    - goal here is to lighten the load and replace with long lasting product.
    - that is all I can think of right now. If you have advise on these items I would love to hear about what works and items that I have not thought of yet that are field tested.

Thanks for all your wisdom that you bring to the table.

Respectfully
    Jake Davies

Trim tabs will just get tore off if you are using the boat for it's intended purpose. I hauled everything including the kitchen sink in mine and never found a need for trim tabs. A SDM trim nozzle would be cool.

As far a gauge go with the mercury smartcraft system.

Rest of your list looks good to me.

Default First run on the little su!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crumm View Post
    Trim tabs will just get tore off if you are using the boat for it's intended purpose. I hauled everything including the kitchen sink in mine and never found a need for trim tabs. A SDM trim nozzle would be cool.

As far a gauge go with the mercury smartcraft system.

Rest of your list looks good to me.

Thanks for the advise I have head that they get ripped off so that sounds like it is consistant.

I just got back from my first run on the little su. I am very pleased with the boat. I can go every where that my 16' tunnel hull river boat could go. I ran for 1.5 hours between 4000-4600 rpm and burned 8 gallons of gas. I did open it up a few times and hit 42mph down river. At 4000 rpm I was going 22 mph up river. Does that sound right to you? The boat is an 07 with about 80 hours on it. I am wondering when I need to be thinking of a new impeller?

The boat ran great. I am getting used to the power and am finding it's limit. I was running right up against the shore and she slides like you are on air. I am very impresed. Let me know if these numbers are sounding right as I have nothing to compair them to.

Jake

Default More info for your review.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    first hand knowledge of what?...
    If you could look at the list I put together and let me know what you think I would be greatful.

Jake

We did our sleeve & impeller between 90 and 120 hours I think. I don't have the log here so can't say any more accurate than that. We run mostly silty rivers so it went fast. Someone on craigslist has a scott trim nozzle for sale too. Seen it listed a few times now. Personally don't think it's needed but that is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    We did our sleeve & impeller between 90 and 120 hours I think. I don't have the log here so can't say any more accurate than that. We run mostly silty rivers so it went fast. Someone on craigslist has a scott trim nozzle for sale too. Seen it listed a few times now. Personally don't think it's needed but that is my opinion.
    What are the indicators that let you know when you need to replace the impeller?

Now you're testing me! Umm....from memory the peak rpm is 55 or 5600. When it started going over this when punching it out of the hole we had the liner done and new impeller. It has the high skew impeller. What rivers did the previous owner run? With ours the boat was almost brand new and I could feel the loss of performance as it got worse. Might be harder to feel with 80 hours already if they ran in a lot of silt. It's a good chunk of change but I personally would do the liner on a brand spanky new boat. That way you don't need to rebuild the impeller at the same time and everything would last longer right off the bat.