Thread: Bird Creek

Question Bird Creek

Been wanting to check out bird creek,any info? Is it safe for kids? I hear there are a few bears, are they a problem there. How is the 4x4 trails.

Yes it's safe. There are a few bears, but they're usually only around when the salmon are running. The trails are very short. There is only around 5-10 miles of trail and it's mostly very easy going through woods with small mud puddles. Not a bad place to ride for an hour or two, but not enough trail for an all day or overnight ride.

Thumbs up

Are there any other places south of Anchorage Within An hour of?

Default Bird Creek

Also be aware that a full size side by side like a Ranger or Rhino cannot get through the barrier to the trail. (I think this has been the case for a long time)

Talked with a Ranger there last weekend and he said that there is a "new width restriction" in the state park. He could not find the new regulation though and said he would e-mail it to me.

In other parks, I've seen 50" maximum. I would be willing to bet it is the same here.

Default Barrier

So is there a new barrier at the trail head? Because I saw a few side-by-sides out there last year.

I ride Bird Creek quite a bit of course it is usually during the weekdays but I only recall seeing one side by side down there. When I saw it, I thought "how'd he get that in here?" The trailhead has not changed, big rock across from the gate pole.
    EricL

I just took the kiddos there last Saturday. There was still snow on the trail and the ruts in the snow were to deep for the kids wheelers. I did see a full size RZR getting throught the gate but he had to work it. The snow was melting fast probably worth checking out again.

Default Bird creek today

we had a very nice day at Bird Creek today, very little snow and plenty of sunshine, no bears but one razor.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

There are several spots to enter the trail, not just the entrance at the parking area.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Thumbs up

Rode out to bird creek Sunday,really nice ride. Will be back.I also saw a side x side out there. 99% percent snow gone. Also one bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerrs View Post
    Rode out to bird creek Sunday,really nice ride. Will be back.I also saw a side x side out there. 99% percent snow gone. Also one bicycle.
    Good to hear! Thanks!