Thread: Another Newbie

Default Another Newbie

So i was just wondering is it too late to set up a station the soonest i can set one up is the 17th of May. i was thinking of setting up in Unit 14 does anyone have any suggestions? Also if it is too late to set one up where would a good place to go to spot and stalk within 3 hours of anchorage? Thanks for all the input

Default not to late

by the thing are just satring to pick up with bears. as for spot and stock cooper landing area seward or any were south of turnagain pass will work.

You're not too late. Bears are just now starting to hit. Get you a spot and set up We were so busy last year we set up the last week of the season and got 5 blacks in. Our station was only up for 4 1/2 days.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Default You'll be fine.

I have no doubt you will get bears if your in a good spot. Most people are out and about with their baits now simply because of cabin fever (me) and the hides will be a bit better. The meat will still be excellent.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Thanks

I guess now i need gear!!!! Anyone have any extras they are willing to get rid of? Or know of a place where i can get a barrel,and such things

I got my barrel from this guy Kenny. His web site is www.kennysburnbarrels.com i called and he built a custom barrel for 60 bucks. And he did it that day. He is out of fairbanks.

perfectly fine, last year I didnt put bait out til around may 21 or so and had bears on my bait within a few days....

Quote Originally Posted by dreez View Post
    I guess now i need gear!!!! Anyone have any extras they are willing to get rid of? Or know of a place where i can get a barrel,and such things
    I got a barrel w/hole already cut, let me know if you need it (shoot me a PM).

ill take it sorry i couldnt find pms if u could pm me and give me ur number

Default barrel

I have barrel if interested
    korey
    715-6695