Thread: running deshka landing to susitna landing

Default running deshka landing to susitna landing

who done it how hard is the river to read any information would be appreciated thanks Chris

easy......very easy......
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Thanks tjm going to run up from deshka instread of runing down from susitna landing this year to my bait.

Saying this is easy without knowing the variables is very bold!

What boat are you running, whats the water level, and what your experiance is plays a big role here.

I have seen that stretch get pretty skinny so I would keep your head on a swivel.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    Saying this is easy without knowing the variables is very bold!
    good think I know the variables.......he will have no issues with his boat...if he ends up high and dry, well, then it would be his fault...
    pull my finger....

Hey Chris you'll have no problems. If you go right at the launch it well be skinny . I made there and back. All set up on the bait. Have fun mike.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    good think I know the variables.......he will have no issues with his boat...if he ends up high and dry, well, then it would be his fault...

What he said. If you can read rivers at all, that trip is a simple one. Have fun
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Thanks guys i run a sjx so like tjm said if I do end up stuck it will be my ffault. Going out on Saturday to put the bait cant wait

I ran the Deshka today just about to the inlet. Low water, but no problems. I also ran a ways north of the launch.. again, no problems - just low water. Keep an eye on the water up-stream for trees, ice chunks, etc. Every now and again they will float by. I don't know if there are any 'jams' north of the launch but I heard there was a bad one a few days ago.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
    I ran the Deshka today just about to the inlet..
    do you mean you ran to the mouth of the deshka or upstream on the deshka?....
    pull my finger....

Sorry - I'm tired and should be in bed instead of reading the forums...

I launched at the Deshka, got on the Susitna, and headed towards the inlet (Flat Horn Lake region) before returning home. Saw three boats on the trip. It was much better than working.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.