Thread: New Canvas Top

Default New Canvas Top

Anyone have any experience with Custom Canvas Alaska, off Van Horne in Fairbanks? I stopped, looked at thier work and was impressed. I have a new top scheduled to be made for my boat on the 17th... Any thoughts or reviews? Thanks!

AKShawn
    AKShawn

Great outfit, they did some work for my father on his 38'er making a cover for the flybridge and did a great job.

A friend of mine had his top done there for his Wooldridge and it turned out great. Take a look at the "Top Gun" material, it's a little more $$, but well worth the added expense in my opinion.

Default Good outfit

They are a great outfit to work with, both guys came from Ak Tent & Tarp, they do a great job on boat tops, I had mine done by them, they re did my clear vinyl for the sides, and then fixed some tears on my top and fixed my zipper for free. I had them make a padded windshield cover for towing, and just yesterday I picked up my wall tent, they put in bug netting in the eves and fixed some rips. I highly recommend their work, you won't be disappointed.

Nice group of guys. I have my wooly going in next week for a tuneup and a windshield cover. Good stuff I see there.

Default Thanks

I appreciate all the replies... I was thinking of the Ak Canvas Works guy in North Pole, but he is out of town and the boat can't wait. Between hunting anf fishing, time is limited. I talked with them at the home show, and stopped and saw thier work. They let me look at a boat in work, and it looked nice. Anyone have any advice on colors? My boat is white and aluminum so most colors will match, but fading??? Any experince/thoughts?

Shawn
    AKShawn

Default Black

The black absorbs the heat and the inside of the cabin is quite a bit warmer when running on the river. Usually dont have to run a heat source on those cooler, but not cold days.

Had a great experience with Custom Canvas. I had them make me a custom trailering front for my boat. I also have canvas top that is black made by AK Canvas works and they do great work also. I like black but it will tend to fade a little faster, I think. Only on season #3 and havent noticed any yet. I do not leave mine up all summer either. Just when its raining on me.
    "One Last Cast"