Thread: Peddle-powered kayaks

Default Peddle-powered kayaks

Hey, everyone. I'm new to the forum. I have a Hobie Mirage Drive kayak that I love. I am glad to let anyone come over to my house and try it out if they have been considering getting one shipped up from the states. I don't sell them, but I just want others to see how amazing these are. This thing is so much fun and so fast. Hands-free kayaking fishing is the way to go! I'm at Delong Lake in Anchorage. Let me know and we'll set it up.

Thumbs up

Great offer and thanks for posting. I for one would be interested in taking you up on this.

I have tried the mirage drive system and was very surprised at efficiency. I'd like to try it again and see paddle w/ mirage hand in foot.

Hopefully others will also take you up on a try run.

Default Did Eagle River on Tuesday, 5-11-10

Me and my buddy, Jerry, floated Eagle River on Tuesday. Me in my Hobie Mirage and Jerry in his brand new Wilderness Tsunami 145. We did well after we got past the still-two-feet-thick ice in the tributary leading to the confluence at mile 18.6 of north Eagle River. We did a lot of dragging out kayaks over the mini ice fields. Saw bear tracks following moose tracks.
    Once in the main river we started having fun.... until the wind whipped up. It was blowing so hard we saw 3 or 4 trees blow down right in front of us. That was the biggest danger was the possibility of being clubbed by a beetle-kill. They were cracking loud.
    The water was, of course, shallow, but we still got hung up on a few logs and had the wind blowing our boats one way while we were trying to control them with the currents pushing another. at one point, I was blowing upstream. It took us 5 hours to float that 10 mile stretch to the bridge. By that time, we were cold, but managed to lug the boats up that steep bank.
    All in all a good trip, but I will probably stick to lakes and bays rather than rivers.