Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dream hunt!

Default Dream hunt!

Just for fun, for those of us not fortunate enough to have a spring bear season. If money is no obsticle what is your dream hunt, and with whom if there is a guide you want to hunt with?

BTW Fishing rocks in the spring and summer in FL, but I'd rather be in camo deep in the woods!

Default Argali

I would choose to hunt the majestic argali. Either the Marco Polo or the Gobi desert. Cape Buffalo, croc, hippo, elephant, lion, and leopard would be nice also, but the sheep are king!

Marco polo in kyrgystan, chamois and tahr in new zealand

Default Will do

the chamois and tahr hunt one day, but argali is a pipe dream!

My dream hunt since a child was to hunt Alaska with my Dad.

I have accomplished my dream. No guide needed. I am a 100% DIY kind of guy. I enjoy the planning of a hunt just as much as the actual hunt.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AFHunter View Post
    My dream hunt since a child was to hunt Alaska with my Dad.

I have accomplished my dream. No guide needed. I am a 100% DIY kind of guy. I enjoy the planning of a hunt just as much as the actual hunt.
    i would like one more with dad too...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Dream hunt!

Dream hunt!
    For can of dollar you can come in France for to hunt(to chase away) the chamois with me

Thierry in french

My dream hunt would to have been able to hunt with my father on one of his many successful moose hunts. He has since passed away, but I'm keeping the dream alive by doing a moose hunt with my son this fall. Driving from Kansas to Tok, and flying out with 40-Mile Air, DIY, no guide needed or wanted. Knute

I live the dream every time I hunt here in Alaska, but that aside... the Big Five in Africa plus Kudu and Sable.

Growing up in Michigan Ive always dreamed of hunting the white sheep. I knew i couldnt afford to pay for a hunt. So I moved here in july 2003 and by the end of august 2004 I had my dream laying on the side of a mountain getting pictures with it. So know i live my dream hunt every year I just wish my grandpa could be with me but i know hes watching. Not all years are successfull but sitting on a mountian over looking the world is way better than a tree stand over looking a 100 acre corn field. Life is good .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Tanzanian safari

My dream is to do a huge 21 day tanzanian safari and get a bunch of animals not even totally sure what, probably elephant, buffalo, and crocodile would be my top 3. Due to the price I wont be able to do this hunt for at least another 20 to 30 years and hopefully hunting in tanzania will still be going strong by then and I'll be able to see the best africa still has to offer.

Default This Is Dream Land

I think Akhunter7 has it right,

"We Live" In Dream Hunt Country, heck I even think Sitka Blacktail hunting is a dream come true when sitting or glassing these mountains or cruising ocean beaches.

I guess my Dream might be, watching a Kodiak Brown Bear approaching away from a stiff, cold wind, out in the open somewhat so I can watch him come for a long time,

no other people within reach of sight or sound, just Myself and that picture of authority, the largest carnivore on earth, coming on, an old one with scars, has lived a good life, seen it all, big muscles to prove it,

with my personal favorite rifle, some custom handloads in the magazine, braced and ready for an excellent shot at an animal worthy of my best preparation

Can't imagine better in Africa or anywhere,

I've actually had this happen, minus the rifle, it was a Supernatural experience. Nothing to hang on the wall tho,

This country has the most magnificent animals on earth,

I think
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I want to hunt gerbils on Mars with a Phazer! On stun setting.

Quote Originally Posted by akursus View Post
    I want to hunt gerbils on Mars with a Phazer! On stun setting.
    Would you call that gerbiling?

Martion gerbils are the size of our elephants..... so no.

Default My Dream....

From childhood I wanted to do an Alaska moose hunt with my Pop. Unfortunately it never happened. However, when my daughter turned 12 I took her on a fly-in moose hunt and she took her first moose. SO, I got to realize a dream hunt with a bit of a twist but every bit as special. One that neither of us will ever forget.
    Everyone should be so blessed!!
    Sarge
    RIDE TALL, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

archery alligator, and archery goat and pig on kauai.
    i'd like to take a bigger pig with a knife and dogs... that was a rush!
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Woolly mammoth with a stone spear point.....just have to finish the time machine.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Since I was a boy I've dreamed of hunting Polar Bear in Alaska, I'm not a Native Alaskan so probably not going to be able to accomplish this dream.

Great responses! My dream hunts are Polar and Brown. I've done a ton of research on hunting Africa and can't get too excited about hunting inside a fence, regardless of how big it is. I know it's silly, and I'm going to get slammed for it, but fair chase Alaska hunt is where it's at for me.

Fly in, set up spike camp, sleep with one eye open, and get up in the morning to the beautiful wild American wilderness, with a hot cup of coffee, is incredible!

Have a daughter that is 12 and a son that is 10, and I'm very excited about starting to share my outdoor passion with them. We've done plenty of camping, fishing, squirrel hunting, etc but I can't wait to get them out on a remote fly-in hunt.

My father never hunted. A friends dad used to take his son and I bird and deer hunting. Take your child, and his/her friend hunting and fishing, it makes a difference.

Thanks for responding gang, it's was fun reading the responses. If I go gerbal hunting on Mars, where the &@$# do I find a ballistics chart?

Bucksandnoles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast