Thread: 91 Panther track What to do ???

Default 91 Panther track What to do ???

I recently bought a 91 Panther mountain cat off the for sale forum. First I replaced the drive chain which was no big deal. After riding it for about ten minutes the track shifted and was destroyed. I have found that the original track 136 X 16 with three drivers is extinct. I was wondering if anybody has modified one of these machines to accept a newer or more popular track. I can get a Skidoo 16 X 136 with a 1 3/4 paddle for $200.00 but I am not sure how much modifying would have to be done to make it work. Also one of the slide rails is broke in half, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck welding these back together.
    Thanks a bunch,

Default I have a 1992

Track, but it is only a 1.25 inch track I think.
    You are welcome to it if you want it.
    PM me if you find out it will or won't work, or if it is something you may want.
    1992 Arctic Cat Cougar
    check it out and let me know....
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years.

Nothing in Dennis Kirk? I'd look there. 136 by 3 drivers? The drivers will knock back and forth on the shaft so the slides will not. I'd talk to the AC dealer and see what he can come up with.