Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9 yr old girl w record Brownie?

Default 9 yr old girl w record Brownie?

Anybody get this e-mail?

New World Record Brown Bear Taken By 9 year old girl!
    Yes, this girl did shoot the bear.
    This 9 year old girl from the Yukon killed the new world record brown bear on the Alaskan Peninsula in October, 2006. Skull size 33 1/16", 11'
    9"
    nose-to-tail. Estimated weight of 1,800 Lbs. No, this bear had not killed anyone. It was the girls first-ever bear hunt!

Unbelievable...
    Never can trust these without some independant confirmation, regardless of the size looks like a great hunt!

Attached Images Attached Images

lol shes not from the yukon either....let the stories begin!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

ya i was gonna say, didn't think it was the record. that girl has hunted asia and all over the lower 48, loads all her own ammo and has a 500 yard range by the house, her dad says she can shoot it too.
    Master guide 212

Default big bear

We were down on the Peninsula when she got her bear and had a good chat with her and her family. She's quite the hunter and has more experience than most will ever have in a lifetime. I was pretty happy with my 9 footer, until I saw her pictures-----that is one big bear. Congratulations to her once again!

Default Lucky lady

Thats Larry rivers Daughter.

ya never hurts when your dad has two airplanes a lodge and about as much experience in one area as one could ever hope for. Larry told me shot shot that bear at spot X. guess he figures he's got a secret spot down there. When i guided for him, we did some a couple big bears, but nothing like that, closer to ten a half. every trip to the pen i've guided we've seen ten foot plus bears. and both trips the guys haven't been able to get them. one was with a bow and the bear was 80 yards, the other was with a handicapped guy and the bears was two miles....doh!
    Master guide 212

Talking Wanted

Wanted: Foster Parent

55 year old boy
    Active in the out-of-doors
    Likes dogs
    Likes remote areas
    Likes family trips
    Has his own toys
    Needs good wealthy home

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default yes

They (Larry) definitely knew where to go. He had his own plane and was careful not to divulge too much info as to where it was shot-----I don't blame him. There are big bears down there and I would have had a chance at a 10+ footer-----but we saw him the day before the season opened and had no chance at him later as other hunters spooked him out of the area. Oh well, maybe next time! Sure would be interesting to see the size difference if her bear was next to a 10 footer though!

Check out all of her hunting pictures at Sportsmans Warehouse, including Africa and a darn nice sheep. I was always guessing her dad must have been a plastic surgeon or something, but an outfitter works out well too. Sounds like she deserved them all - must be one proud papa. I can only hope that my daughters follow the same trails some day.
    Mike

her life is pretty simple, she has to want to do it and her family has to support it. finacially and with resources. larrys a great freakin' pilot i've never seen him with a gun in his hands but i'd bet he loves to hunt, so takin' her out would be a riot for him to pass on his knowledge to someone who's just soakin' it up!
    if i had a plane and money...my little guy would be on the peninsula this fall too...lol i don't have either...but i do a have alittle boy...
    Master guide 212

Default Pageant Hunting?

Hmmmm.....

Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    Hmmmm.....

Taylor
    Could be, but I would rather see a young girl made up to be a huntress than a princess (gag).

Wink

that is an amazing bear. you will rarely see bears of that caliber anywhere.

the bear never stood a chance of getting too close to her. larry was no doubt behind and to the side of his daughter, ready to pound the crap out of him.

for her age and size she handles her .375 very well. i wonder how accurate the hide measurements were though?

Wink

how do you go from 33 1/16" to 29 1/16"? what kind of calipers are those?

ground shrinkage is one thing....sheesh

remember the "new" world record henry tiffany's client shot down on unimak last year, it was 33 something, then they remeasured it at 28" and change...musta been the same calipers...
    i think larry said his daugther shoots a couple hundred rounds a week and does all her own handloading, he had some pics of it and the bear when i talked with him last. pretty dang impressive in my opinion. and cool.
    Master guide 212

Talking measurements

When we talked to them and saw the pics immediately after the hunt, I remember Larry saying the skull was a bit over 29" and the bear over 11'. I think the other measurements must have been sent out by the same guy who formulated the godzilla bear a couple years ago on the internet-----you know, the one that stood like 12 ft high at the shoulders and killed several people.

So Larry, here gramp, has his own plane. You don't suppose they hunted a "specific" animal now do you?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Arrow

both brwnbear and martentrapper are correct. significant air miles awarded on that one.

brwnbear; were you guiding for larry in oct 1997 for brwn bear?

no i didn't guide for larry until oct of 99 i think it was, just did one fall with him before he sold his outfitt. he used to fly his cub down to sand point from talkeetna every season...geez.

specific bear....maybe.
    Master guide 212

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast