Thread: Better deals for Cummins parts?

Default Better deals for Cummins parts?

Ran up the Cummins to 2550 rpms for about 20 min. today to test everything out before going fishing offshore, sounded great, exhaust looked clear, temps all good,

back at the slip, shut down and I hear water trickling down below?

So, I found a cracked case on my Raw Water Pump, It's a 6CTA 8.3 and called a Dealership Parts guy to recieve a $1,007.28 price tag on that thing!!?? Arrrgghh,

Anyone found better access to Cummins parts than the dealership guys? Websites down south or anything like that?

I found one on EBay for $452 for example but it is scary to order something like that from an Ebay person, very little detail on the part description, not sure it is really what I need for my engine, etc.
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

try Napa, i have the same engine for my trucks at work and they have most of the external accesory parts available.

i got a 1400 dollar compressor for 250 thru napa

Default Too Easy

hey, That's just Too Easy....

Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow morning

post what I find, hopefully they have it, geez it's just a water pump anyway, right?
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Default Negative on NAPA

Napa in Kodiak said they didn't have Cummins Marine parts at all?

I got a quote of $711 plus $86 shipped from East Coast (Mass.) but not sure I can wait,

Is there a West Coast option?

Default Another option

The good news is that your pump isn't a Cummins exclusive part. Chances are your pump is a Sherwood or it could be a Jabsco. Just cross reference the number to a Sherwood number and purchase it from any of the Seattle area marine supply companies. It should run around $600-$650. Good luck with your project.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    Napa in Kodiak said they didn't have Cummins Marine parts at all?

I got a quote of $711 plus $86 shipped from East Coast (Mass.) but not sure I can wait,

Is there a West Coast option?