Thread: Toyo Cabin Heater NS-2800

Default Toyo Cabin Heater NS-2800

Anybody out there have one of these installed on their boat? I am considering this model and wanted installation tips or any experiences good or bad that you may have had. Thanks

Do they run with a fan or blower? If so just think about the drain on your battery or if you break down and have no power you have no heat. I have a Dickenson Bristol diesel stove on my boat with a gravity fed day tank to supply fuel. No drain on the battery and it always works. If you don't have the room for a stove they also make diesel or propane fueled heaters that mount on a bulkhead. A friend of mine has a Espar forced air heater on his boat, yeah it blows nice warm air in the cabin but he's always watching his batteries. Just my nickel's worth.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Installed the Toyo last year and it works great. Everybody that goes fishing with me loves it. It draws very few amps, not enough to worry about running your battery down, unless you have a weak battery. I run mine constantly in the spring and fall and never had a problem. You can burn diesel or kerosene, I prefer kerosene just to stay away from any diesel smell. They are great stoves, a little spendy, but the best addition I've ever added to a boat.

Toyo heaters are very good and don't drain batteries anywhere near as bad as an Espar or Webasto heater. There is something to be said for a diesel heater that works no matter what, like the ones made by Dickensen BUT they are much more of a fire hazard.

I have been a commercial fisherman for a fair amount of years and almost every boat fire in my industry comes from a diesel fired Dickensen stove. Not that the stove is bad, just the movement of the boat and wind conditions can affect the stove and create "blow back".

In my opinion the toyo is a perfect choice for a sport application.

Nunya--
    Do you/Can you run it while underway?? I sold my Hewescraft river runner to get my SeaSport so I know what your boat looks like. How did you run the intake/exaust piping? Out the side or out the top? I will have an inflatable on top so I am leary about going out the top. I am thinking maybe 6 hours total install time ????? Thanks for you help !!!

Here is a picture of my Wallas(stove) exhausting thru the side. C-Dory.

Sound Decision,
    I vented it out under the starboard windshield under the gunnel in the bow, just in case I want to haul a raft on the roof someday. Yes I can run it when cruising with no problem.
    Took me around six hours to install due to the space I was trying to fit it in.

Nunya,
    Where did you buy it?? I have one place to get here in the Fairbanks area but they usually are proud of their stuff. I am in the Anchorage area nearly every month. I downloaded the installationmanual from the Toyo website and I have a pretty good idea of what I am going to do. Are you heating/recirculating the Cabin air? Thanks

SD,
    Bought mine at Central Plumbing in Anchorage. Rural Energy is the distributor for Alaska. There are a couple other places in Anchorage that sell them, but I don't remeber who right now. Rural energy has a Web site and you can get a list of Dealers from them.

Default Cost, install???

Just did a search for boat heaters and I am wondering if anyone can tell me the cost of the Toyo. I just called Spenards but it's a special order and I have to wait to hear back on the cost. I thought someone here may be able to tell me faster. Also you guys who have them. I'd love to see even more pics of installations. Are most of you drawing intake from the inside or outside of the cabin? How are they doing on moisture? Sound Decision what did you end up with? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Smile best heater out there

i own 1 In my Charter boat works great. Call Susitne Energy 337-1300 or727-4978 These are easy to instal and easy t maintain. I have friends that have wellis and others the problem with theres is no one up here works on them you have to send them out to get fixed. Not The toyo cabin heater you can get al the parts and extra items you want right at Susitne Energy Good luck