Thread: Kommer 2-shot knife

Default Kommer 2-shot knife

Has anyone used a Kommer 2-shot knife with horizontal sheath? Opinions?

Default Crkt

I've used CRKT knives, and as far as I can tell the Kommer 2-shot refers to the sheath, not the knife. The knife that's advertised with it looks like a regular skinner.
    CRKT seems pretty average for holding sharpness. Doing a moose I think I had to stop and sharpen mine about 4 times.
    I've only had one knive, a Gerber, that I didn't have to sharpen at least once though. I wish I still had it, and I wish I could remember what model it was.
    Now I just carry three knives for moose, two for bear, and one for all else. Still end up sharpening every now and then though. Oh yeah, take a couple surgical scalpels for those special areas around the head.
    v/r
    salcha star road

Yeah, the knife and sheath are sold together as the "2-shot". I was interested in the horizontal sheath so I ordered one anyway to give it a try. I don't mind a little sharpening as long as the blade will take an edge. In was given a custom made knife once that had a fairly thick blade. It would lose its edge pretty quick but was hard as heck to sharpen. It went away.

Default Let us know...

...how it works.

v/r

salcha star road