Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Backpack Scoped Rifle Scabbard

  1. #1
    Member Formerly Montana Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    329

    Default Backpack Scoped Rifle Scabbard

    Was looking for a scoped rifle scabbard for my pack. I found one at Eberlestock but looks like it only fits their packs.
    Anyone have an idea on where I might find one local or online? I have the Cabela's Alaskan Guide pack.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

  2. #2
    Member Trappnguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Back on da Rock!
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Pretty sure they (Eberlestock) are MOLLE type attachments. The shotgun scabbard I have is.

  3. #3
    Member Formerly Montana Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    329

    Default Molle Type?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trappnguns View Post
    Pretty sure they (Eberlestock) are MOLLE type attachments. The shotgun scabbard I have is.
    Excuse my ignorance but what is a "Molle" type attachment? I did a Wiki and found what it is but can't find what it looks like to see if I can utilize it on my pack. Went ahead an ordered 1 anyway as I am sure I can make it work.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

  4. #4
    Member hodgeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Delta Junction AK
    Posts
    4,055

    Default

    You may also check "Alaska Sportsman" for a backpack scabbard you can wear by itself...

    http://www.alaskasportsmanproducts.com/BackPack.html

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kodiak
    Posts
    552

    Default

    How about a Kifaru gunbearer?

  6. #6
    Member Trappnguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Back on da Rock!
    Posts
    329

    Default

    what kind of pack do you have? MOLLE is the same thing as PALS and Blackhawks STRIKE systems. Military in origin, it is basically 1" webbing in a squareish pattern. If you are creative you can attach it to anything

  7. #7
    Member Trappnguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Back on da Rock!
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Just reread...The cabelas guide pack...

    You should be able to use any vertical compression straps to attach the scabbard. Where on the pack do you want it?

  8. #8
    Member Formerly Montana Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    329

    Default Where

    Quote Originally Posted by Trappnguns View Post
    Just reread...The cabelas guide pack...

    You should be able to use any vertical compression straps to attach the scabbard. Where on the pack do you want it?
    It really does not matter where on the pack I put it, just so I don't have to carry it or have it slinged to my body.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

  9. #9

    Default

    I have an Eberlestock scoped rifle scabbard I am looking to sell now that I found a sweet way to mount a kolpin gun boot to my sno-go. You are welcome to check it out and see if you can figure out at way to attach it to your Cabelas pack. I'm pretty sure you can just run it through the compression straps on the the pack, but if you would like ot try it in person we can meet up. I ran it in between my Mystery Ranch NICE frame and the Longbow pack and it worked really well like that.

  10. #10
    Member Formerly Montana Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    329

    Default Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    I have an Eberlestock scoped rifle scabbard I am looking to sell now that I found a sweet way to mount a kolpin gun boot to my sno-go. You are welcome to check it out and see if you can figure out at way to attach it to your Cabelas pack. I'm pretty sure you can just run it through the compression straps on the the pack, but if you would like ot try it in person we can meet up. I ran it in between my Mystery Ranch NICE frame and the Longbow pack and it worked really well like that.
    Thanks for the offer. I went ahead and bought one online from Eberlestock.
    It only came to $59 and I figure if I can't use it or sell it.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •