Thread: Shepherd 15-40x spotter?

Default Shepherd 15-40x spotter?

Anyone using the Shepherd 15-40x spotter? Any reviews? I have an old 15-30x Bushnell spotting scope that has served me well, but itís time to upgrade (The eye piece now has become loose with significant lateral movement). I would like a variable with max power at 40x to 48x. I want it to be fairly light, so 60x would make it on the heavy side I believe. From what Iíve read, anything but top of the line units will not have good clarity at the upper magnifications. I am considering a Shepherd 15-40x (Iíve seen them retail for $725 - $799 and that is approximately my price limit). What are you guys using that has GOOD clarity around 40x and not real heavy? (I would use this for sheep among other things)
    If I stick with 30x max, I would probably get either a Minox MD 50 or Leupold Golden Ring compact, but for some reason I seemed to have talked myself into something with more magnification.

No one has used a Shepherd spotting scope???

Well Camera Land made the decision much easier. I noticed they had a Minox MD 50 (Demo) on sale for $189.00. Since these normally retail for $349.00 I couldn't pass up that deal. I ordered one today. Seems like a neat little unit.