Thread: Aire striker tandem ?'s

Default Aire striker tandem ?'s

I'm looking for a tandem Aire Kayak. They have so many models it makes a guy dizzy.

Anybody have experience with the Striker tandem?
    I have a chance at a new (used) one very reasonable.
    Why is a new Striker so much cheaper than the tomcat or lynx, lynx II...sheesh what a pile of boats.
    Any insight would be welcomed....

Thanks,
    Frank
    Proud to be an American!

Aire's website helped...It appears that the tomcat and striker are lesser quality than the lynx. 900 dernier as opposed to 1100 etc...
    Proud to be an American!

I believe a close inspection will reveal that the quality difference is more than skin deep. Nothing against the low end Aire line of IKs. They are still good boats, but there are good reasons why the Lynx and Force cost more.

Default OK I will play

Well first off as Jim states there is a difference in material and manufature i.e. Chine versus USA.

I have used Tomcats & Strikes in my rental fleet no problems with the exception of the bladders that had wate rleft i them and were stored outside and then dropped by my son prior to being thawed (not a good thing) Never had a major breakdown nor repair on any of them however the warranty is not the same as the USA made AIRE's versus the Tribs or Outcast.

If I were looking I would lean towards the Outfitter II I have four of them and have found them to be vastly better in just about every catagory.

Blue Moose

More or less what Jim And Moose said...

Things to make real word comparisons:

A.) From a 'Factory' standpoint --- AIRE tagging will have all the bells/whistles of a high quality boat... Best fabrics, valves, welds, bladder film, accessories, highest attention to detail, customer care, and workmanship... & warranty.

B.) Tributary (like strike) tagging will give you less on all fronts than AIRE... but it does well going beyond middle ground... good attention to detail/construction and so on. However, less on every page rarely amounts to more.

C.) Tomcat tagging falls well below A & B... this is a three to five year boat - thus begins the fall-outs with warranty, fabrics, and construction. It has the most common repair jobs/needs I see on IKs. Does this mean bad boat? No not at all what I'm relating... popular choice for what it is -- it is pretty darn good -- easy/cost effective to fix -- and provides affordable utility.

Thumbs up

Excellent, guys.
    Much obliged for the expertise....
    Proud to be an American!