Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants in on the Outdoors Directory boat flag group buy?

Default Who wants in on the Outdoors Directory boat flag group buy?

A thread about a means to identify Outdoor Directory members to each other on the water/dock lead to this.

I'm putting together a group buy of ONE of the below 4 flags. I need to know how many and who wants one. Please PM or post which one you want, the flag with the most requests will be the one I submit the order for.
    Personally I like number 3 the best.

They'll be on short poles just the right size to fit in a rocket launcher. The colors are silver for the fish, red for their blood, and blue for the sea. The pictures dont look silver but they will be.

The Flags are 12" by 18" & will be approximately $15.00 each, there is also a one time $50.00 design fee spread out over everybody.

When I have received all the requests it looks like I'm going to, or 2 weeks go by, I'll post the each persons share of the costs which will include the flag, the design fee, and S&H.

Then I'll ask for money, probably via paypal (I think I can take credit cards that way too).
    I'll order a few more at my own cost and sell them seperately for the above price. Or I'll sell them at cost to the site owner and he can sell them via the web store.

When I've received 75% of the orders cost I'll go ahead and put the order in, it'll take about 10-15 days after that for the flags to arrive.

I live in Anchorage, if you're outside that area I can mail it to you.

So, who's in?

Mods please sticky this thread and unsticky the "stickers" thread. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

Second set, if anybody wants to come up with a better design feel free. However it has to be simple, minimal lettering, only 3 or 4 colors, and easy to see from a distance. http://www.burgeeshoppe.com/FlagDesign.htm
    "Dominion"

Talking I'm in

I'm interested in a flag. #3 looks good to me. I'm going to be gone hunting (leave in 2 days) until the last of the month, so if you need payment before then it is a problem for me.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Default Definitely in....

But I'd like to see the same designs with the blue and silver triangle and red ODD! Blue on the bottom, where the water is! #3 like that would be fine. But, I'll also go along with whatever the order works out. Good idea, thanks for taking a lead on this

I'll take one, too. Not sure I want to be cruising with a big "O" on a flag, though. I will go with the consensus as long as it is not #2. I'll take mine without the wooden stick. My rocket launchers are for rods.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I like 3 or 4 but will take what ever is settled on.

Since Im in the lower 48 no stick would make shipping easier.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

What size is/ will be, the flag? will hang one off the raft as long as not too large...

put me in for one

VInce

whoop caught it... 12x 18... i like number 2 my self
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I'll take one. Number 3 looks good to me.
    Fish fear me, My wife don't.

count me in (colors match my boat)....#3 sounds good to me as well.
    Have to agree with "spoiled one" about # 2
    ? AOF instead of ODD ....... even if most of us probably are
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Version 5

Hi Ron, something like this?
    "Dominion"

Count me in and I like version 5.

Thumbs up I'm in

#5 for me please. No pole is needed.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Thumbs up Thanks for this, it's really cool!

I'll take one, whatever style the majority likes.

(Being a boat owner cost is of course not a problem, just watch out you don't get your finger caught in the convayer belt of money running from my wallet to the boat store, it moves pretty fast!)

I,m in. #5 first choice then #3.

Default Caution or Thought

Flags have a very specific meaning and that should be taken into consideration when making one, don't want to confuse someone by flying something to similar a coded one. that two tone is simular to the code number 6 or 7. They have a mascot as noted above!
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????Owner's Private Signal
    This is a personal flag, often called house flag. It is usually swallow-tailed, designed by the individual owner to depict a personal interest, hobby, family tradition, initials, or the like. A private signal should be a unique design and always in good taste. It should not include or be the ensign of a foreign country, nor duplicate a design previously adopted by someone else.
    On a mastless vessel, fly your private signal from the bow staff. A single-masted vessel may wear it at the truck of the mast (replacing any other signal normally worn at that point) or from a spreader halyard.
    United States Power Squadrons

7 is yellow over red, 6 is black over white.

Default I like #5

I'll stitch it to the antenna
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Default My Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    I'll stitch it to the antenna
    Ditto that.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

I'm in. #5 is good for me but I'd prefer AOD instead of ODD also. Either way I'm in.

Count me in too. I think I prefer #5 and AOD instead of ODD, if we're voting. If the burgee were made to accept a stick, we could add one after we get the flag.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast