Thread: prawns and kids

Default prawns and kids

Had a great trip out of Whittier on 4-3 and 4-4. Weather was great. Caught one yellow eye and 440 prawns, 5 gallons of tails. 2 haul-backs, about a 10 hr. soak and a 16 hr soak. Fishing 5 pots.

Do those kids have any idea how fortunate they are to be getting in on these experiences?
    Thanks for sharing, Mike

Well done. How is the new boat working out for you?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

AWESOME!!! I love to see the kids out there.

Some of my earliest childhood memories are of helping my family pull the heads off shrimp. We used to do the commercial fishery in the Sound, and there is something very good about being a young boy helping his family out with completing an important task and putting food on the table.

Good on you for getting your kids involved. Thanks for sharing!

Default Dates

I think you got your dates wrong. 4-3 , 4-4 ??

no doubt he meant may not april.

must have been some phenomenal days in the sound with the clear skies. thanks for the photos.

Whoops....my bad......I obviously meant 5-3 and 5-4...Thanks.

Spoiled One
    I love the new 759 Stab-craft. Getting about 2.6 MPG fully loaded. I spend a lot on gas, but not as much as a lot of other comparable boats. I have made a few small mistakes, fuel leaks, electronic upgrade mistakes and touching the wall at Freddie's and chipping a dime size piece out of my skag. Any new owners out there, think and double think before you do anything. It seems like every small meaningless mistake costs a couple hundred bucks.

Call me.............Lexi Jay.........I'm usually between Culrose, Nellie Juan and Southern Knight Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salm View Post
    Spoiled One
    I love the new 759 Stab-craft. Getting about 2.6 MPG fully loaded. I spend a lot on gas, but not as much as a lot of other comparable boats. I have made a few small mistakes, fuel leaks, electronic upgrade mistakes and touching the wall at Freddie's and chipping a dime size piece out of my skag. Any new owners out there, think and double think before you do anything. It seems like every small meaningless mistake costs a couple hundred bucks.

Call me.............Lexi Jay.........I'm usually between Culrose, Nellie Juan and Southern Knight Island.
    Impressive numbers. I am lucky to see better than 1.5 mpg, but I have a bit more power and weight than yours I suspect. It is a beautiful playground we have out there.

I spend a lot of time in those areas, too. I will listen keep an eye out for the "Lexi Jay". My tub is "Patience".
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default Nice!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Impressive numbers. I am lucky to see better than 1.5 mpg, but I have a bit more power and weight than yours I suspect. It is a beautiful playground we have out there.

I spend a lot of time in those areas, too. I will listen keep an eye out for the "Lexi Jay". My tub is "Patience".
    Splashed "Defiance" this weekend as well. We picked up roughly 4 gallons of tails....funny though we only had 3 when we got home . Weather was perfect. Didn't take the fam, just a couple of buds of mine. Spent my time in culross and Nellie Juan....fishing sucked. Gonna try to head out in a few weeks with the fam to try out the new puller and heater.
    2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
    150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
    Call Sign - "Defiance"

We got out this weekend also. PWS was like a calm pond and awesome weather. My son took over the shrimping operation after I showed him how to run the pot puller. He loved shrimping. As said before the fishing sucked but shrimping wasn't bad. Ended up with 16 pounds of tails.