Thread: Wiggy's Superlight vs North Face Snowshoe

Default Wiggy's Superlight vs North Face Snowshoe

What are some pro's and cons on these bags? I'm looking for a 0 deg bag that packs small. I dont have access to either of these bags before making the purchase so any experience is welcomed. I'm 6'3" 220lbs so I will need it in a Long with either one. I looked at the NF Cats Meow but I tend to sleep cold and want to use it in Sep and October for Goat and Sheep hunts.
    Thanks, Travis

I froze my tail off in the cats meow so a good choice on eliminating that one IMHO. I have a wiggys super light and a glacier hunter. I took the Glacier hunter (15*) with me to Kodiak last Oct and was comfortable. It is a bit lighter and more compact than the the super light and has quickly become my go to bag.

How small does the Superlight pack down to. I've heard they are good but are big for Backpacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Fireman View Post
    How small does the Superlight pack down to. I've heard they are good but are big for Backpacking.
    You heard correctly. For me it is worth it though. I replaced the stuff sack with one of the larger sea to summit eVent bags and it does a pretty good job of compressing it but it definitely fills the sleeping bag portion of my pack. Of course with my big McHale pack room is never a problem, it gets too heavy to lift long before it gets "full".