Thread: Showshoe hares

Default Showshoe hares

did anyone in here know you can't hunt hares with a trapping license, or snare them? you have to do it under hunting regulations? soa trapping license is no good for hares...
    never realized that till today. just wondered if i was the only one.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Can't hunt them with a trapping license, and can't snare them with a trapping license?

Weird if true.

Never really gave it any thought, but it does make sense since hares are classified as game animals and the trapping regs are written for furbearers.
    Now what ?

Default HuH???

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    Never really gave it any thought, but it does make sense since hares are classified as game animals and the trapping regs are written for furbearers.
    What about wolves, wolverine, fox, etc, etc, etc.??? None of that kind of logic applies. It is just stupid. But it isn't the only stupid reg on the books.

ya i called and asked since hares aren't listed in the trapping regs, they cannot be taking under any trapping regulation. so they can only be taken under a hunting license and hunting regs...never gave it much thought till just lately.
    yep another dumb reg...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    What about wolves, wolverine, fox, etc, etc, etc.??? None of that kind of logic applies. It is just stupid. But it isn't the only stupid reg on the books.
    They are classified as both game animals and furbearers, but yeah, you're right. it isn't the only stupid reg on the books.
    In my area I can take two foxes on my hunting license with a firearm in the fall, but as many as I can find on my trapping license with the same gun during trapping season. There are similar regs regarding wolves and coyotes.
    Now what ?