Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have a .35 Whelen, Remington Enfield

Default Have a .35 Whelen, Remington Enfield

Looking for a smith to mount new rings and it will take tapping and dieing to make this work. Live in the Valley so I'm asking does anyone have a favorite Smith? Also, my firing pin will end up sticking from time to time. Is this a spring issue? Or a fouled issue? Brass has no indentation when it misfires so it is getting stuck somewhere along the line, before hitting the primer.
    Help.
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 05-07-2010 at 08:10.
    http://alaskadipnetting.com/

If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default You probably

need to disassemble and clean out the bolt body, or have a smith do it. N o dies, just drilling and tapping, usually about 25 bucks a hole. Has the bolt been modified to use with a scope?

Default Yea

There was a one power scope attached but I took that off and the rings won't work with any newer scope. Still looking for that gunsmith in the local area though.

If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

whats wrong with the mounts already on there?
    Ken
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ken-Wi...10532992360444
    Y'all can watch my antics on Wild West Alaska, Animal Planets new hit show.

Default they

will not work cause the original scope was just a tube that was straight. From what I understand, scopes years ago were adjusted by an exterior rather than an interior adjustment. Things have changed through the years. I was also just told that this is a springfield, not an enfield. The boys at Sportsmen Warehouse were wrong when they said it was an enfield.

Default Sounds like

it may have been a Bausch & Lomb scope with adjustments in the mounts. Not sure if the holes drilled for them have the same spacing as Weaver or Redfield bases, but you might check with Vince Baldoff at Precision Arms at 279-5755 or Stan Jackson at 349-3854. Then, of course, there are the guys at Wild West Goons.

Default thanks...

I'll call them!!

Default Bolt handle modifications

You may also need to get the bolt handle modified if you go to a newer scope so you can clear the eyepiece.

If you get the bolt modified make certain you have one of the late nickel steel bolt - there are still a lot of the early brittle ones that still show up in guns. New bolts aren't expensive and provide a much greater degree of safety.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    . Then, of course, there are the guys at Wild West Goons.

Aw isnt that cute (insert puke smiley here) hizzums got his little dig in. Betcha aint got the balls to stop by and call me or any of my peeps a goon to our faces

thewhop...bring it by and see me personally. I may have a mount to fit.

Ken
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Aw isnt that cute (insert puke smiley here) hizzums got his little dig in. Betcha aint got the balls to stop by and call me or any of my peeps a goon to our faces

thewhop...bring it by and see me personally. I may have a mount to fit.

Ken

His shortness has spoken. You had better watch your ass Mauser-boy.

And hear I can't think of another human being on this earth that would cause me to loose less sleep than him?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    His shortness has spoken. You had better watch your ass Mauser-boy.

And hear I can't think of another human being on this earth that would cause me to loose less sleep than him?
    Aw look another one joining the sandbox. Do "short" (whatever than means) people l bother you? Is their some trauma in your early life that causes you to say that. Is that why you call yourself "Big Al" ? Is it inadequacy, or are our feelings still hurt 'cus Jim or I tossed you out of here?

Hear is spelled "here" by the way.
    Ken

Fellas......need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Aw look another one joining the sandbox. Do "short" (whatever than means) people l bother you? Is their some trauma in your early life that causes you to say that. Is that why you call yourself "Big Al" ? Is it inadequacy, or are our feelings still hurt 'cus Jim or I tossed you out of here?

Hear is spelled "here" by the way.

Never seen anybody named Jim in that store. Other folks gave me the nick name of Big Al many years, and yes any man that I have more than 6" in height over I think of as short. But then again I'm only 6' tall myself. It would take a hell of a lot more than just you to toss me out of anyplace anyway.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Fellas......need I say more?
    Aw come on, one more?
    Ken

Default OMG

You think I was trying to jab you? It was just kidding around. Man, why are you so touchy? Do you get poked at a lot? I've been in and traded directly with you. Traded some 6.5 bullets for .22 mag ammo if I recall correctly. So what, you want a bunged up 63 year old guy with a cane to come in so you or one of your gentlemen can punch my lights out? Very classy...

Default Nothing like....

Having people fight over you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Having people fight over you!!!
    Sorry about that, whop...

If the back-and-forth MUST continue, use the PM system....I cant see that

Default Wow

I apologize for unintentionally starting this situation. Now, I'm just not sure. . .

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    I apologize for unintentionally starting this situation. Now, I'm just not sure. . .
    Now thats funny. I have never unintentionally called anyone a goon. Seems like a pretty deliberate act to me.

Default Well yeah

if that's how you want to see it. But, I guess you've never jokingly called someone a horrible, emotionally charged name, meant only to caused them great distress. Give me a break. What I want to know is, why has this gotten such a strong reaction. Obviously, there have been some objectionable things going on in the past in regards to WWG. I've never had a problem with them, so I don't have any reason to make a seriously disparaging remark, instead of just making a play on words.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast