Thread: Quartz ice

Default Quartz ice

What's it look like right now.

Default From ADF&G site reports

Quartz Lake has pulled away from shore about six feet and anglers are fishing between the boat ramps. Some folks are still wading out to the ice and fishing winter style. Yesterday, Sunday, May 2nd shore anglers were not having too much success, but the fishers on the ice were doing pretty well. This coming mid week and weekend should be good for shore fishing at Quartz as long as the wind blows that ice cap to the far shore and not toward the ramp.
    Harding Lake is usually ice free Memorial Day weekend, but we suspect the ice will melt off a little earlier this year.
    Based upon Quartz Lake’s progress, Birch and Chena Lakes should soon begin to pull away from the shore, but no confirmation yet on the status of these two lakes.
    Lake stocking will commence in two weeks.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Dang, you should go into business with reports like that. Thanks.

what flies work good fro Quartz? just wondering, I had a blast Ice fishing this past winter and would like to get some more action, can you get the rainbows this time of year or is it mostly just cohos?

Anyone down there this past weekend? What we looking at?

wanna go find out this weekend?

Going this weekend for a quick overnight (Fri to Sat) with a few other couples mainly to get the camping gear out and see what kind of shape it is in. Since we will be there some of us will try our hand at some fishing. Hopefully the ice is in the right spot.

Anyone have some suggestions on casting tackle and flys (we'll be doing both)?

Got back had a great trip but not great fishing. Just as they were two years ago when I was there the fish were all swimming right around my bait/fly/lures. We threw everything we had at them in all kind of different methods to no avail.

It was pretty quiet on Friday but today (Sat) there were a bunch of people but even with all those hooks in the water I only saw two caught (supposedly both off of salmon eggs)

Lake was 100% ice free.

Still had a good night though with friends and it was just good to be outside again.

thanks for the report!!! I'll be down there monday (my sun) wooot woot!