Thread: got to ride a 29' Wooly!

Default got to ride a 29' Wooly!

hi again!...last week we got to go for a "burn" in the 29' pilot house!...pretty nice indead!!...felt real solid and well made, and boy can it corner...i didnt push it like Grant Wooldridge did, but felt real nice and smooth!...got up on plane--real quick-- on one engine--so that is true!!...also, turned the boat around on a dime with the twin yammies...plan on a few add ons to this base (demo) model but looks like this will be it!...plan on twin 200 hp etecs and a 9.9 high trust kicker/ radar arch/dual station fly by wire controls/ clam hatch/electric windlass....gonna be a long year....plan on a spring delivery next year! thanks to everyone here putting up with my questions!! larry

1250 miles S/O paradise in the lwr 48 dreaming of SE AK

Congratulations!!

Mike

Default You found your dream boat...

And it's a beaut!! Say, where do you put a kicker when you have twin 200hp outboards

Still trying to figure out that "turn on a dime" with the twins, do you leave the engines dead ahead with one forward, one reverse, same speed or more rpm's on the reverse engine since it has the square stern working against it ? I know, thread hijack, but you're not getting a lot of response, so thought I'd give you something to do until others kick in

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ron View Post
    And it's a beaut!! Say, where do you put a kicker when you have twin 200hp outboards

Still trying to figure out that "turn on a dime" with the twins, do you leave the engines dead ahead with one forward, one reverse, same speed or more rpm's on the reverse engine since it has the square stern working against it ? I know, thread hijack, but you're not getting a lot of response, so thought I'd give you something to do until others kick in
    If there ever was a worthy hijack this is it. I've wondered the same thing. So what's the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ron View Post

ok ok, maybe not a dime, but a canadian loonie!!( which, by the way is near/at par, which makes this doable)

..yep, you got it right, right enigine in forward, left engine reverse, turns boat bow portside!...not an expert at it but, it works!.....still lots of room for the kicker...i WAS worried that the engines would be too close together to make it turn,and not have room for the kicker, but there's lots!...there will a transom ladder. too on the starboard side to get in when the boats on the trailer...
    off to work, looks like there will be alot of "OT" shifts for the next year for me now...thanks larry

Default Pilot 29

Glad you had a fun ride with Grant, did you enjoy the tour of the shop? That should be a nice boat with the 200 Etecs, I heard they have sold all the 29 they had built for the spring shows.
    My friends picked up the black 29 here in Anchorage, and another 29 is headed for Soldotna soon, I can't wait to run this one with the 150 Yamaha's. Congratulations Larry

Congratulations Larry!

It's a looong journey to getting your dream boat, isn't it? From what I can tell, you are about 1/2 way to sleeping on it in an anchorage for the first time. Not getting it until next spring is a good thing in that you will have plenty of time to figure out the ten thousand little choices, now that you have made the big choice.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by sport drifter View Post
    Glad you had a fun ride with Grant, did you enjoy the tour of the shop? That should be a nice boat with the 200 Etecs, I heard they have sold all the 29 they had built for the spring shows.
    My friends picked up the black 29 here in Anchorage, and another 29 is headed for Soldotna soon, I can't wait to run this one with the 150 Yamaha's. Congratulations Larry
    hey, SD!! if i remember correctly, you are to blame for me picking the wooly!!.....thanks for the tip!!...yep, got a good tour of the shop, got to see all the other boats being made..even got to eye and "touch" gundog's boat!!!....all and all a class act!! thanks again larry

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    Congratulations Larry!

Not getting it until next spring is a good thing in that you will have plenty of time to figure out the ten thousand little choices, .

hi Jim,, aint that the truth!..now its the fridge--but i am leaving the galley up to the "boss"!......but, you are right, the biggest issue is done with!....have to let this all settle i think for a month or so...clear the head abit...off fishing for lakers for the weekend!.......special thanks to you and all the help you have given me over the past year!...thanks again larry