Thread: First camping trip in Alaska where to go ..

Default First camping trip in Alaska where to go ..

Ok i am comeing home in the middle of june for a break for a three week break and i would like to go camping some place where i can get easly in and out of with the truck along with beening able to use a tent and sleeping bag set up with basic of the cook stove and the cooler and a fishing pole for her..i will packing the big brother of the 1911 .the mr S&W for company dureing the outing in the area just in case mr bear and i have to talk about the fishing rights to the spot we are in .. .. ..

basic like a small rv campground or a state park area or a out of the way place i can get in and out with a small truck unit the truck is four wheeled drive but i really do not want to get back into somewhere and have a problem the first week out ..i just looking a simple place to go and send a couple of days just relaxing and enjoying beening home ....

so any ideas where to go ..i know my girlfriend has a few places in mind for us to go to ..but i would like to surpise her with a place just to see if she will go for it ....

What part of the state will you be in?

iam sorry i should have put that in the post around Anchorage area

South Rolly Campground up near Willow is a nice place. It is near a lake and has nice facilities for the wife.

A friend always goes to Eklutna for his first trip. I have not camped there but it is a beautiful area. Fish the creeks going into the lake. Maybe some here has camped up there and can chime in.
    Mike