Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Situk Report

Default 2010 Situk Report

TSS missed out big time this year...

Fishing was fantastic! There were alot of fish, but also quite a few more people. We mostly hiked into the upper from nine-mile, trying to beat the rush of fisherman in the mornings. We hooked into a ton of fish, losing quite a few in the sticks and the fish simply breaking us off. Man they were fiesty! We also caught some resident Rainbows and some pretty descent Dollies. Beads, and Egg Sucking Leaches in Purple and in Black were the ticket. We spent one day on the Salt and hauled in some 'buts to boot! I'll try to upload more pics soon. I cannot wait to go back next year, what an addiction!

Fish On!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P4292917.jpg   P4302937.jpg  
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Oh yeah, also met up with PlentyCoupe from this forum and had a few beers with him on the river. It's always pretty cool to meet other people from this forum, sounded like they were doing pretty good also.

Fish On!

Is that a 10mm or 12mm bead hanging out of the second one's mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by ak char View Post
    Is that a 10mm or 12mm bead hanging out of the second one's mouth?
    I honestly don't remember, we were using both sizes. They both worked pretty good, even the tiny dollies we were catching were smashing them.

Fish On!

Question

I am flying out of Ketchikan on the 11th of June. Do you think a quick stop by the Situk would be worth it around then? Would there still be steelies around?

glad to hear you had a good trip. those pics make me wish I was heading there this year (maybe next year).

Default You suck!!!

You Suck!!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Here is a little vid I put together from my trip...I will definitely be back to the Situk next year!

Fish On!

http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...e=&category=mr

you suck squared . Great stuff man! Wish I could make this trip, still down in the states hauling manure kinda crappy haha.

Nice Pics BC! The Situk was a blast this year, Yak was like a ghost-town for the first 6 days we were there, it got kinda crowded around 4/28, but the fishing was still good!
    -J

Good stuff BigCox, nice pics & video. We fished the bridge down for couple days before your dates & managed a few here and there but the weather was killer high 50ís low 60ís got my first sunburn over with so I guess Iím ready for summer, Your right the Situk tug is the drug,,,,You Did A Great Job. see ya on the water

Im jealous!
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Default River is ghost town!!

Losges are empty... River is a virtual ghost town and plenty of chrome spring fish to keep you entertained all the lake fish are washing down too... So sad for all the bussiness's here in Yakutat... If you can break away get here now!!

Default Situk Pics

I finally got my pics, these are the two biggest Steelies I've ever caught! It was a wonderful trip!
    -J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Situk 2010 065.jpg   Situk 2010 059.jpg  

Hope bigcox donít mine if I hitchhike on he's thread, as i just got my pics going around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GetAttachment.jpg   1.jpg  

whats the cost to get there, I have a 3 day weekend this weekend and the gear to do it.

just a lil to much on a short notice...gonna miss out again ugg!

Great video BC! I can't help but reiterate Jedi's quote: You Suck! LOL! I'm way jealous, bud!

No Hijack needed, this is a bragging thread, there needs to be more pics posted on this one. I noticed Tynmon Pics on another website, at least I'm pretty sure that is him. Tradbow, you need to quit procrastinating, once you go and put in your dues, it will pay off! I always fly there on air miles, 15000, it also helps to know somebody that lives there. Nice Pics guys! Can't wait to get back there next year...

Fish On!

bc, wish I could, gotta save my pennies and be the responsible soon to be father. Otherwise would have dropped everything and gone! Flying home in july and moving her and her boy up, lord knows she aint marrying me for the money LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast