Thread: Boat Electronics?

Worlds largest truck stop

Default Boat Electronics?

What dealer can you guys recomend in Anchorage that is the most knowledgeable in boat electronics?

Thinking about a new Sounder-plotter...............Thanks........
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”

Anchorage Alaska

I don't mind giving the local economy my money if it is a fair deal - but it seems that everyone up here has to pay more for everything and the retail end of purchases just goes up and up.

I picked up a Garmin 546S online for 850+27 shipping. The sale price in town is right at manufacture's list - give or take 20$ - - $1150.

I don't have that much money to give to the poor retailers so I look at my online options and make a budgetary mindful decision.

Default internet

Akgramps, It's hard to beat the internet. I bought my electronics from Consumers Marine in the end after shopping hard. I got $10k worth of Furuno gear for $6k. I like to support my local businesses but when you're looking at price differences like that it's hard not to go with the changing times...

Another vote for the net, and also consider dedicated units. Many of the combo units are weak in the fish finding department.

Default combo units

West Marine is fairly knowledgeable and carries a decent selection of brands, but are very expensive. Online is the best choice for purchase after youy do your research, I have had luck with Amazon on pricing or cabelas when they are offering big rebates. I have a furuno combo unit on my boat, which are good for gps, great for fish finding and radar, but are super expensive. Garmin has great gps in my opinion, but pretty lame lower end fish finders unless you get the very top of the line units. I just picked up 2 lowrance HDS combo units because they can very affordably network directly into my yamaha outboards and give me fuel flow, mpg, temp, voltage, etc. right on the screens at my front and rear helm and they are very good fish finders. The gps on the lowrance units is not good, but for the price I paid and what I am getting out of them, I am very pleased. The screen resolution on the Lowrance HDS units is great.

Good luck