Thread: big sue/ yentna rivers

Default big sue/ yentna rivers

anybody flew up there the past weekend. hope to run the boat up friday.

i hope to, dosen't mean i'm going to

Default 10 May

Seems to be a good date to go by. Every yr we are never able to get in prior to this, that is unless we take the airboat. Check the Deska landing Web site for the updates. Can't do anything until the launch thaws out.

Was hoping to take a flight up there on wednesday to take a look. Talked to Dave Luce and Dan at yetna today and the main river is still clogged with ice. The Su is open atleast from Susitna Landing down below where the Deshka dumps in. I have been told that the Deshka and Lake Creek as well as most other creeks coming into the main rivers are clear of ice although most sand bars still have ice chunks on them. Not time to go up yet but should be very soon. When I talked to Luce's at noon today it was 57degrees. Can't wait to get back to the cabin!

The Yetena let loose this morning at about 530 am.....check with Yetena Station (733-2746) for further updates. Heard they were thinking about possibly splashing a boat real soon.

Default ya

im heading up to my cabin fri morning. can't wait to be back on the river

Talked with some friends that stay out there, and he said seen few boats come down today, River looked pretty good, clear as we were talking but though out the day stuff would come floating on by,Normal thing for this time of yr. Also i checked the Deshka site, it said water had dropped alot.15 of 21 bricks showing,Whatever that means They didn,t say where people were putting the boat,s in at or if could motor thought the launch. I tryed calling there though out the day just kept getting the recording. I guess i will see for my self tommow night

you will be fine! wish i was going to my cabin, getting new boat saturday so next weekend for me.

I went flying tonite. We flow up the sue from the mouth then up the yentna to a bit then to the landing. Low water. Heading out in the morning to set up the bait station. Saw lots of bait stations from the air white and blue barrels stick out at 500 feet.

i came across from big lake to the sue then up the yentna to skwentna last night in the plane. looks ok to be on the water from what we saw. some small ice flows now and then but nothing that would be trouble.
    couple moose and one black bear on the river.
    greg

Default Sue to Flathorn Lake

Could anyone tell if the slough/creek going into Flathorn was open? Itching to go and catch some pike.

it's open low water tho. Lake has a little bit of ice on it still.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer17 View Post
    Could anyone tell if the slough/creek going into Flathorn was open? Itching to go and catch some pike.

just got back from running the river to get gps for bait station little bit of pfloatingn ice other than that nice trip.

Default Sun P.M.

We just got back, River good, but low, still some slabs of ice on the beach,s jet,s should have no problem, prop,s Pick your way carefully, Did motor out of Deshka main launch. It was nice out, And a great trip,

I was wondering what the water at the landing is doing the last few days; I have a big boat to launch this next wednesday.
    Is there anyone else selling fuel on the Yentna this year other than Skwentna that you've heard of?
    thanks.......

Just got back lastnight from the yentna. The yentna is low but not that bad, the su on the other hand is probably the lowest I have seen in many years. It was raining a bit but it really needs to rain or get really sunny to help with the water level. Did see a number of big inboard jet boats coming back yesterday. So you should be able to make it.

I also came back Lastnight, The water dropped about 3in, from when i left friday night. Friday when i launched i motored out emty, then I parked out on the point and loaded up 1ton of gear and X5 people. from there, rather than risk getting stuck or sanding my impeller. How deep was, showed 1.3 -1.6 in the launch, In the thin spots, rest is deeper. Don,t know for sure on the gas for sale, Luce,s or Yentna station comes to mind, I would makes some call make sure? here,s a link to winter freight hauler,s they might know if they hauled the fuel in to them ? http://www.deshkalanding.com/trails.html

I put my bait out on Saturday and then checked on Monday the water had dropped again I agree the Su is the lowest Ive seem in many years hoping it comes up by next Saturday or least it doesnt drop any more.

Yep its very low I can't even get back to one of bait stations its going to be a nice little hike this weekend.