Thread: Forum Visibility

Default Forum Visibility

An observation: Unless you are a registered user of the Alaska Outdoors Diectory Forums, and sign-in or log-in, this Handloading Forum is not visible. Now, I can understand why you might want to limit access to this forum to registered users only (potential liability), but Visitors to this site wouldn't even know that the Handloading Forum exists, because it is hidden from view until after one logs-in. In my humble opinion, I think it would be better if the Handloading Forum was visible at all times, but when someone clicked on the link to enter it, they would be prompted for a user name and password, and then only be granted access if they are a registered user. Is this do-able?

Thank you.

I don't know if it's do-able, but + 1 if it is. Good Idea

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Forestar:
    I agree witcha.
    Smitty of the North

Thumbs up Me Too

I'll second or third that.

Default Changes possible?

Forum moderator or webmaster: is this do-able?

Thank you.

Default Move it on over

Might try reposting this thread in the "forum tips" forum. The webmaster watches that one pretty closely, I think.

Default OK

Thanks, I do that.

I actually saw this earlier and tried to make it happen as you suggested, Forestar. The forum software does not allow it.

Thanks for suggesting this. It may be possible to do this with a future software upgrade.

David

Thumbs up OK, David

Thanks for trying anyway and maybe it'll happen at a later date and upgrade.

Default Other Options?

Dave,

Perhaps you could let it be known that the Handlaoding Forum is available to registered users, somehow. As I said initially, a Visitor to this great site wouldn't even know the handloading forum is there.

Thank you.