Thread: melozi river

Default melozi river

hey ive been wondering about the possibility of taking a boat up the melozi river from ruby through the canyon to do some moose and or bear hunting. i have heard conflicting reports on how bad the canyon is...everything from class I to class IV....although i have heard that a guy in a big inboard made it thru....
    i am running a 21 ft phantom sport jon with a 200 horse merc inboard jet....thanks.

Likely depends on water level. High water and low water conditions will make it harder or not doable. There was a guy who lived in Galena that has been thru the canyon several times. Talked to him in Ruby once when he was stopping for gas and heading back up thru the canyon.
    Also talked to a party on the Yukon who had just come ut floating thru the canyon on an inflateable.
    Hopefully others will chime in.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Check the boating section like MT stated there is a guy that has made the run several times in an inboard, think it was a Wooly if I remember correctly. He is the only one that has stated it is doable everyone else has said it is not possible or highly unlikely one can make it. I know he took some video footage but I have never seen it. Good luck and be sure to video it or take some pics and share them with the rest of us!

Default canyon

Yes he is using a wooly with an inboard. Last year he could not make it up in his boat. You can depending on the water level.. Last 2 years have been very low.

Exclamation been there...

You have a/the boat..."driving skills" is what it takes...and them are few and far between... my .02cents
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......