Thread: Finally splashed the Raider last Saturday, awesome day!

Default Finally splashed the Raider last Saturday, awesome day!

Couldnt have asked for a better day - water was dang near like glass, espar heater worked great keeping my wife warm. Will post pix when I get them off my buddies camera.

Few of things I need to do:

1. Boat is underpropped, rev limiter (6100 rpm) on suzuki kicked in just before I could get to WOT. Disappointed that the max speed for the DF250 was only 35MPH though - better prop might help with that. Have a SS quicksilver tempest 14.6 x 21 on it - need to go to a 23 pitch.

2. Didnt realize just how bow-heavy pilothouse boats are, not getting much bow lift - changing to a Solas cupped prop might help, the solas props have a bit more cupping just for that reason. Might help my top speed too.
    2A. Gonna try a permatrim; deep V bottoms seem to benefit the most from anti-cavitation plate add-ons. Getting more of the boat out of the water might help with my top end also. Boat weighs about 5500 lbs loaded.

The 96" wide bottom really helps with stability, I'm also only drawing about 20 inches of water. Rough estimate of 2.5 MPG - thought I'd do better, I can live with it though. Got asked twice to see my oversize permit.

Having a bathroom on the boat is GREAT, wife was happy, the seawater deck washdown it cool too.
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

Sounds like a good weekend. I was looking at Raider Boats, but a dealer toyed with the pricing at the last minute and we bought a North River instead (24 Seahawk O/S). Is your boat a 26 footer? Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, its a 26 foot LOD, including the pulpit and transom extension would easily push it to 29 LOA. 8 foot wide bottom with a 9'-4" beam at the gunwhale, 9'-6 at the railings.

They're d@mn serious about the oversize permit things, was asked twice for it. I also got warned that I need to have my oversize banner on BEFORE I go through the tunnel.

One of the coolest things is the porch area, the head is outside and the roof was extended to cover it, it provides a porch and a covered area for the rear helm. I think I've got pix of it in my profile photo album.

Every boat I ever own now is going to have a porch.

Recovering the boat at the ramp was a pain in the butt, gotta go get the side bunks and install them.
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

Default I love the porch area!

Looks really cool. When I get my next boat (8-12 years from now), I'm going to have a porch built. Thanks for sharing.