Thread: Seward bears

Default Seward bears

Any bears spoted on the hils near Seward or Moose pass? Headed out in a few days to do some spot and stalk and looking at options. Thanks!

Can you post what the snow levels look like on your way down to Seward? Looking at Turnagain/Summit Lake areas, but I don't plan on heading down for recon for another 10 days or so.

My brother worked down in Seward this weekend and said all he seen was a sow with two cubs.Said there was still some snow but should be greening up by the most part this weekend.On my trip this weekend I seen two blackies,one on Saturday morning in the portage closed area,The other was at the peaks above were some goats are hanging out.Hopefully will be better by the end of next week,good luck to all

Default summit lake

is really snowed in. there are places the snow is 3 feet deep right down to the highway still(yesterday).

Well the bear count is five from the Seward Highway.Seen two lastnight late so woke up and went back and seen one of them in the same spot,took a few hours to get to the base of the hill.On the way up lost sight of the bugger and when I got to were he was he was gone!sat there for three hours geting ate up by skeeters so had enough and headed back down.When a was almost back to the truck a gave one more look wondering were he went and in about five minutes he came walking out of some brush 150 yrds in the clearing I was watching.I hope he is not so lucky tonight!this time I'm bringing the critter call mabye that would have gotin him out of the brush

Default the pay off

well after weeks and long countless days, finally the pay off. decided to go look for some bears after work the other day and well it started off crappy raining cats and dogs so we pulled over in a pull off on the highway and decided to spot due to it not raining in this piticular area so we start glassing and WOW.... there they were 2 down low and one huge one up high. All brown bears and me saying to myself wow this sucks but at the same time it feels so good to see a bear after spending countless trips not seeing anything and go figure i see bears on a one day drive down instead of my usually couple day trips. To bad i didnt have a permit or this story would have been going different, but long story short it always feels so good to see something. just getting out there is the Pay off.

happy hunting

Default brown bears

joebut1985, pm sent about brown bears.

I spotted two last night in town. They were halfway up the side of a mountain poking in and out of the alders. Descent looking bears not huge but nice.