Thread: Barrel thread direction?

Default Barrel thread direction?

What directions are the threads for a barrel normally (where it screws into the receiver)?

Mini-14?

Are you in the Northern Hemisphere or the Southern?

Righty tighty on every one I've ever seen. But of course I've never taken a barrel off in Australia

Default Threads

The only reverse thread I can recall was on the ejector of a Thompson SMG - I don't recall the thread size but finding a tap was not easy. All of the other gun threads I can think of were normal right handed.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Barrel threads are typically right hand, there are, however, many left hand threaded parts in firearms. Ejector rods on modern S&W revolvers, ejector retaining screw on redhawk and other Ruger revolvers, AK flashhiders in some cases, FAL flashhiders as well, oh, and Winchester M-12 lifter or carrier pivot screws. Ahhhh... my brain hurts from remembering this stuff.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Are you in the Northern Hemisphere or the Southern?

Now that's pretty funny right there...
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...