Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maxxis Zilla reveiws

Default Maxxis Zilla reveiws

Anyone in Alaska running these tires. Ive read good reveiws from the clay and swamps of the south but nothing from here.I know someone on heree had talked about getting a set but I searched with no results. Im looking for a new set for the Rhino. Thanks Hillbilly

I've got a set on my 550 Griz and they have performed really well so far, but they only have like a 100 miles on em. Been in snow, mud and water and they havent let me down yet.They have handled everything real well.

I had a set of 28" zillas on a BF 750. IMO unless your riding consists of mud, mud, and more mud, I would look at something more similar to the mudbugs. The zillas are tough and work wonders in the mud but they vibrate at low speeds and they are not as spectacular in sand and rocky terrain. Awesome mud tire with all right performance in most other terrain. That's my take.

Default Not a bad tire

Water-Gremlin is right, bumpy ride at slow speeds, but like everyone else, my mud pro grips and goes on everything I've been on....love em

Are you guys talking about the older Mudzillas or the new Zillas. These new Zillas are not the same animal as the old Mudzilla, which yes, was very rough riding and was designed mostly for mud. Heres a pic of both, and one is also way heavier than the other, seems I recall the Mudzillas dont back up in mud at all either.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default New ones

I have the new ones...never had issues on backing....but have to admit, I didn't do alot either.

The new ones back up well, the old ones didn't.

Default zillas

I was definatly asking about the zillas. Mudzillas look cool but thats got to be a rough ride. Hillbilly

FYI, Mudzilla is a different tire than the Maxxis Zilla. Zilla is not short for Mudzilla. Different tire. One of our friends rides on Zilla's and loves them.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

The most noticeable difference I found with the Mudzilla's compared to less aggressive ATV tires (lites, bugs, 589's, vamps) is the Mudzilla's were spectacular when climbing out of mud holes. One of my first rides with the Mudzilla's was at Pinochle - a soupy mudhole mess, one of my favorite trails to ride. These tires excelled, unfortunately these tires met my needs %5 of the time on other trails so I sold them.

I loved their mud performance but otherwise my mudbugs were a more all around tire.

For the Rhino I would look at the XTR. They were great on my Rhino.

How do the Zillas (not Mudzillas) compare to the ITP MudLites? Seems like a similar tire with the Zillas being a better buy.. ???

Not only are the Zillas a better buy, they are a better tire too. IMHO ITP Mudlites plain suck! They are only a little bit of an upgrade from stock but when it comes to really performing well in any one category ...they just dont do it. They have the market covered up with advertising and dealer incentives, but thats it. I owned several sets of Mudlites before I realized how poorly they actually perfomred! Now I will say that the 589's are a pretty good mud tire, wear like iron, but weigh a heck of a lot.

Default zillas

Ive seen several side by side comparisons of mudlites and zillas and zillas usually get the better reveiws. As for being cheaper? Not in Fairbanks. 4 zilla 26" $511 not mounted qouted from local dealer(the one I bought rhino from). Tirepackage.com $271 free shipping to Tacoma. Im still waiting for carlise qoute for shipping but im hoping for under $100. $40 for mounting here on base. around $100 difference. Ill take it.

The local qoute for 26" mudlite XL's was $489.

Hillbilly

zillas have weak sidewalls, have had lots of flats with them on
    Semper Fi!

Dude, you can easily mount your own tires. Breaking the bead on the old tires is kind of a pain but getting the new tires on the rims and seating them is something any Alaskan man with two screw drivers, soapy water, a compressor, and a five gallon bucket can do. Doing this yourself gives you the opportunity to thoroughly clean the rims of mud and debry. Otherwise, you will have new tires that leak air around the rim.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    Could you explain more about your experience?

Default Please share

Yes please share your experences. Hillbilly

they get tore up in the mud and eventually leak or rip apart.
    Semper Fi!

they get tore up in the mud and eventually leak or rip apart.
    I have used and abused many different types of atv tires, including bugs, mudzillas, outlaws, lites, vamps, 589's, XTR's, blackwaters, and various stockers, and have not seen any simply get tore up by mud. Care to expand on your experiences?

The bugs do not have an impressive side wall by any means but I have over 4500 miles on two sets, much of which was in the mud, roots, rocks, sand, etc etc..... I am sure the zillas are a comparable tire, but slightly more aggressive.

Are the sidewalls on the zillas made of paper or something?

naw im just messing with you guys!
    Semper Fi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast