Thread: Deep Creek Saltwater

Default Deep Creek Saltwater

It was a beautiful day in Ninilchik. Saw about a dozen kings caught trolling out of Deep Creek. Sure was nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by jtm9 View Post
    It was a beautiful day in Ninilchik. Saw about a dozen kings caught trolling out of Deep Creek. Sure was nice to see.
    Got any pictures?

I'll be hitting the Whiskey Gulch area starting this week if the weather cooperates. Should be some nice fish around there, too.

Mutley, most of the fish caught were from the Whiskey Gulch area. A few boats trolled just south of the Deep Creek marker but most ran south. No pics as the fish were not mine, but one was #32. A great king in anyone's book, especially this time of the year. Good luck. Weather might not cooperate for a few days, but by Wed, Thurs should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by jtm9 View Post
    Mutley, most of the fish caught were from the Whiskey Gulch area. A few boats trolled just south of the Deep Creek marker but most ran south. No pics as the fish were not mine, but one was #32. A great king in anyone's book, especially this time of the year. Good luck. Weather might not cooperate for a few days, but by Wed, Thurs should be OK.
    Too bad you didn't get into any.

Yeah, I think I'd just have to consider putting a 32 pounder on my harvest record right about now. The biggest I've gotten lately has been 23. And you just know that each day bigger and bigger ones are making their way up the inlet. FISH ON!