Thread: Unmarked yardage shoot at Menard Complex

Question Unmarked yardage shoot at Menard Complex

I caught wind today that there's supposed to be an unmarked 3D shoot on the weekend of May 15/16 at the same place where the Spring Bear shoot was in Wasilla. There's supposed to be a rangefinder class too, but not eligble for prizes if using them. I guess Screamin' Eagle is putting it on. Has anyone else heard this?

That would be that Alaska State Archery Association 3D state tournament. Open to everyone
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

you heard correct. It is a State shoot (ASAA) But please remember it is a fun shoot just the same as Spring Bear. Spring Bear is a ASAA shoot as well. The weather should be much warmer than Spring Bear, and the shoot shouldnt take as long probably a couple hours shorter. Same cost as Spring Bear, $15 per day or $25 for both days for ASAA members, and $20 per day for non-members. There will be no orange dots, this a traditional 3D. no shot longer than 53 yards. 40 targets per day only one arrow per target. Lunch will be available for $5. there will probably be a novelty shoot or two. (split the pot) All NFAA classes will be recognized. Please spread the word, flyers will be mailed, and posted. Lets have another great turn-out!!! see ya there, Harry

Default anyone going from anchorage?

Looking for a ride, I shoot at Black Sheep on base, rear-end went out my truck and wife needs the van for kid's parties. Not a huge must that i attend, definitely in the wife's eyes - but would like too, of course.
    dave
    907-250-2532

I went to this event this weekend...the first 3D I have done in a year. I shot my hunting bow (Mathews Switchback), 5 pin sight, drop away rest, and a release aid. I was placed shooting with two other guys who were a lot of fun to be with. I chose not to use a range finder nor binos...getting into the hunting mode. The targets were 3 to 52 yards (the other guys used range finders). I had never shot the Rino Targets before, but they are great! Very easy to remove arrows from too. The course was nicely layed out, but the area is small so a number of stakes had two targets. One shot each on 40 targets each day. Great weather. Great company. Well organized and presented. Thanks for the great time! I was happy with 77 body hits too (80 max)!
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    I went to this event this weekend...the first 3D I have done in a year. I shot my hunting bow (Mathews Switchback), 5 pin sight, drop away rest, and a release aid. I was placed shooting with two other guys who were a lot of fun to be with. I chose not to use a range finder nor binos...getting into the hunting mode. The targets were 3 to 52 yards (the other guys used range finders). I had never shot the Rino Targets before, but they are great! Very easy to remove arrows from too. The course was nicely layed out, but the area is small so a number of stakes had two targets. One shot each on 40 targets each day. Great weather. Great company. Well organized and presented. Thanks for the great time! I was happy with 77 body hits too (80 max)!
    thanks for the kind review. we had about 47 shooters total i think. not quite what i was hoping for but, there are a lot of bowhunters doing their bear hunting right now. it was a very challenging coarse, juding distance beyond 40 yards gets pretty tricky. thanks to all the guys who helped set up, and pack up. thanks to Chris A. and Beth. Beth helped so much, with drawings/raffles, registration, score cards, and loading all the targets a long with the guys. thanks to Chris M, Shane, Gordon, Jason, John,...and everyone else that lended a helping hand. Thanks Screamin Eagle for hosting. Also to all the shops that donated stuff. Congrats to all who came and had fun. Harry