Thread: Valdez Air Taxi

Red face Valdez Air Taxi

Any recommendations for an air taxi out of Valdez for a DG719 goat hunt? I'd rather fly into the area then try to get there from the road. I'm open on the time. I'm also hoping some of the others holding a permit would want to team up on the taxi since I wouldn't want to have to pay for a single. That would be too costly. Might as well hire a Sherpa if I had to do that.

Can you help me out?

Thanks
    Mike

Default Dg 719

I hunted that tag before.....what area are you planning to hunt? Supercub only carries one..........

I hunted for goat in the TCUA...............no aircraft allowed to land there. Other areas should be good.

I quit putting in for those tags, when I saw how thin and mangy the hides looked that early in the season, but I'm sure there are exceptions.

Red face Not positive

I'm not positive of the area without talking with a flyer. I figured to look around South of Tonsina Lake, higher elevation. I saw a number of lakes also around Greyling Lake, West of Tonsina Lake. I haven't been in that area for quite a few years, but I don't think I can get up the Sheep Creek or Tsina River valleys, but I'll be over there looking again in a month or so. Seems like the most likely areas within easy flight from Valdez. I haven't been off the highway there before.

The area is bordered, roughly, by the Klutina River and lake on the West side and the Copper river on the East, Tasnuna river on the south.

M

Unhappy South Boundary

South river boundary to the highway is actually the Tiekel.

M

I don't have any recommendations on an air service, but I hunted that area for sheep back in the mid 90s. We flew into Hallet Lake, and there were goats all over the place. We didn't get a sheep, but it would have been cake to get a goat from Hallet Lake. LOTS of black bears as well. Just an idea...

Default Air Taxi

Lees air service out of Glenallen flies into Greyling lake....he has floats.

Shoot me a PM Mike. I can help you with info about the Tonsina area.
    Ken
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks, everyone. Great info. Alasken, I'll PM you.

Have a great Sunday.

M