Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 125 Lb. Dog food Award for cleanest....warning sign posted, bait station for 2009'

Thumbs up 125 Lb. Dog food Award for cleanest....warning sign posted, bait station for 2009'

The "Hope Road Property Owners Association" in conjunction with Hopeak Real Estate Company; is pleased to award 125 pounds of Dog Food to Forum Member "Stogey" for operating the cleanest, legal, and most important to me, having several "Warning Signs" that a wilderness wander is about to blundering onto a bait station for the year 2009'.

Congratulations, well done. (For the record I have never meet "Stogey").

PM sent

Default What?!?!?

I didn't know there was a contest!?! SOB!!!!! lol

I will be about a half mile away from that site since I am going to bait with one of his former partners. As a resident of wonderful Sunrise AK, I will make you aware of the exact location. I like to stay on good terms with the locals.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by MNViking View Post
    I like to stay on good terms with the locals.

I hope you harvest 6 Huge Black Bears........Good Hunting. Do you need a spare barrel......?

Not unless I find another spot. I'm more than willing to put in the legwork to set up an additional site, I just haven't explored the left side of that road well enough.

I just hope to get one, but I'd shoot as many as I can. I'd like to set up myself with a years supply of sausage.

Default Hope area update???

Does anyone have any info. On conditions down towards Hope??? I drove down there this past wkend and the snow was still pretty deep in the woods. Couldn't get into my bait location and wasted 3hrs in driving time. Any updates appreciated. Plan on giving it another week or so before I heade back down that way.

Default Speechless

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    The "Hope Road Property Owners Association" in conjunction with Hopeak Real Estate Company; is pleased to award 125 pounds of Dog Food to Forum Member "Stogey" for operating the cleanest, legal, and most important to me, having several "Warning Signs" that a wilderness wander is about to blundering onto a bait station for the year 2009'.

Congratulations, well done. (For the record I have never meet "Stogey").

PM sent
    AGL4now - thanks, I don't know what to say, other than thank you. Next time I head that way, I'll try to coordinate a meeting with you. Thanks for the kind words.
    I was out bushwacking today, snow is rotting. Food is in the barrel and the pine martin was quite surprised.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Rob

Wink Snowshoes

Quote Originally Posted by pete033 View Post
    Does anyone have any info. On conditions down towards Hope??? I drove down there this past wkend and the snow was still pretty deep in the woods. Couldn't get into my bait location and wasted 3hrs in driving time. Any updates appreciated. Plan on giving it another week or so before I heade back down that way.
    In two weeks the snow will be gone. As of today it is trying to melt; which means it's a bit rotten.

Send a PM with your general location; seems that this little stretch of road is getting quite crowded.

Great job stogey!

AGL check pm please!

how clear is palmer creek road out side of Hope? I went a few wks back and hiked down it, it was to slopy to take the truck down, just wondering if any one has been down that way lately.

Stogey.... Any info on Hope area snow depth??? I was thinking about trying again this wkend to get baits set up. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Stogey,

Congrats! Not sure if you use our products but I would like to send ya a box of scent lures to go with your dog food. PM me your address
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Default Friday...

Quote Originally Posted by pete033 View Post
    Stogey.... Any info on Hope area snow depth??? I was thinking about trying again this wkend to get baits set up. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Just go back from an after work run to check on the site. No hits, last checked on Sunday. Barrel is full, put some more smell in the air (anise, molasses and the like). Have a diabetic pine martin and a number of squirrels looking for a Weight Watchers program.

The snow is sporadic, some places it is still deeper than my legs, and unfortunately the snow is a bit rotten. So, a few places was too much like work. But, much of it is dissipating rapidly.
    The North facing and heavily shaded areas are the obvious 'bad' places. If you're chompin to get out, you can do it with effort. Otherwise, one more week should be more than sufficient.

Good luck!

Rob

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by baitem907 View Post
    Stogey,

Congrats! Not sure if you use our products but I would like to send ya a box of scent lures to go with your dog food. PM me your address
    I'm a bit embarrassed by all this.

Thanks so much for the offer!

Stogey... Thanks alot for the info. I'll be headed down that way to set up a bait tomorrow and do a crack burn. Hopefully the snow isn't that much of an issue. I'll be packing snow shoes this time just in case. I don't think I could hold off another week, I have the itch. I'm used to having my baits set and being litely hit already this time of yr. Now I'm going to get way off topic. I noticed you have a Weapons Load Comp. Vid on your YouTube. Are you a former Weapons Troop???

Default 462/2w1

Pete,
    Guilty as charged, retired loader here.

Hope you make out well in the woods! Stink the entire 20 mile bubble of the Hope road area up good, get them bears in a frenzy.

Later.

Rob

I put some sign out by my bait, i just hope that people RESPECT them and not tear 'em down and urinate on them

Quote Originally Posted by Stogey View Post
    Pete,
    Guilty as charged, retired loader here.
    F'in loaders.....

Zeke and I put in the station today. No snow where we are at, but if you head out your way, there's still a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MNViking View Post
    F'in loaders.....

Zeke and I put in the station today. No snow where we are at, but if you head out your way, there's still a bit.
    Careful there BB stacker, odds are if you swing a dead bear on the Hope road you'll smack a gun plumber in the nugget.

Glad you guys got your stuff out, hope you get lotsa bears.

Finally got our bait set up yesterday. Good thing i brought snow shoes bc we needed them about 90% of the time. Mostly the snow was knee deep, but we hit areas where it was waist deep. Put up a scent ball this yr bc I have heard such good things about them and did a nice Bear Crack burn and covered our dog food with it. Waiting until the snow melts before I bring in the sprayer with vanilla and anise. Plan on checking the bait in a week and hoping for the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast