Thread: G loomis fly rods in both store's

Smile G loomis fly rods in both store's

G LOOMIS FLY ROD'S ARE IN BOTH COSTCO'S STORE'S IN ANCHORAGE WITH BAG AN CASE

Prices?? If they are priced right i may have a buddy pick one up for me

"G-Loomis Fly Rods @ Dimond Costco!!!!!!
    Hey all, Just came from the Dimond Costco and saw G-Loomis Fly rods. They have Native Run and Streamdance GLX's. All rods are 9' and they have a two piece 4 wt, 4 piece 4 wt, 4 piece 5 wt, 4 piece 6 wt, and 4 pice 8 wt. Prices range from $399 to $469. They're about $225 off retail. Seems like a great deal!"

I copied this from another thread BTW

Default Things you need to know

Gary Loomis sold out last year I believe it was Shimano and G Loomis is now working for TFO.

That is not to say the rods are still not the quality rods they have always been nor does that mean the Warranty is not outstanding just not the same company.

It is more the likely the reason some chain stores now carry G Loomis rods.

I have yet to look at the manufacturing of the the current products but I will just becuase I wish to know.

Any who! Just thought I would keep everyone informed just in case they happen to wish to know.

Default Actually

Loomis did sell out to Shimano, but it was several years ago. I am sure they made him sign a Non-Competition Contract. He is making blanks again thought. He has started a Company called "North Fork Compsites". They are still getting started so there isn't a wide selection of blanks, but in typical Loomis style they are releasing nothing but the best. One cool thing about his new company is that he is only building blanks, no complete rods. Here is a link to his new website.

http://northforkcomposites.com

His blanks are a bit spendy, but reviews say they are worth it.