Thread: 338 reloads?

Default 338 reloads?

Bought a 338 that came with a box of 225 gr reloads. He couldn't tell me about the reloads since he didn't load them. Anyone have a way to check so I know what they are?
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

Hey Al, I'll shoot them up for you and then analyze the bullets for you if that would help.

Besides, you're not going to see any elk on Etolin anyways.
    Last edited by kingfisherktn; 05-01-2010 at 12:59. Reason: added info

Just my .02 - If you don't know the origin or type, etc. of the ammunition I personally wouldn't use it. Too much to lose over a box of ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by 377PFA View Post
    Just my .02 - If you don't know the origin or type, etc. of the ammunition I personally wouldn't use it. Too much to lose over a box of ammunition.
    I agree. There are too many numskulls with loading equipment to simply fire away without more information. Specifically, I want to know who loaded the ammo and are they knowledgeable/trustworthy. Personally, I would break the cartridges apart and discard the cases/powder/primers. I'd reload the bullet after verifying its weight.

Break them down and load them back with a known powder. There's just no way of knowing for sure what powder is in them but the rest is all useable.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I FOURTH that.
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default Yep, pull 'em apart

No way to tell what's inside, so pull them down and salvage the brass,(maybe), and the projectiles. Trash the rest. No one knows what is inside even after you take them apart. Don't shoot others handloads in your gun and don't shoot your handloads in someone elses gun.Just some advice from someone who gets to fix broken guns.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Default I must agree

Pull the trigger on those rounds at your own risk. I wouldn't even think about doing myself. You just never know.....