Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Arch/Awning

Default New Arch/Awning

Here is my new boat mod done by Greatland Welding. The tarp work is being made as we speak and I hope to recieve it next Wednesday. The arch is designed for my dingy to slide underneath from the rear and I should only need one strap in the front to hold it down. A milk crate in each corner with some of pot builders awesome managable sinking line. 5 Launchers on each side accessible from the side gunnels. 3' wide on the top to stack and bungie Potbuilders Shrimp Pots. The Awning has a support pole coming down from the top to the awning for support. It't not shown. The awning pivots up so I can store it in the out of the way mode on a nice sunny day. If its up, I will have to remove the tarp so its not a sail. The tarp will be snapped on and to the cabin with the awning slightly tipped up for the water to drain back and off the cabin. All I have are pics right now. Haven't seen it yet as I am at work,but my wife loves it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default More Pics

Here are a few more pics

Default Very nice....

Wow, I like it. Your all set up now....

Cannt wait to see it with the canvas on.

I like it. If we have a summer like last year, you will want it to keep out of the sun! We sure had some scorchers on the sound last season.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Just brought Danielle Rae home tonignt. Gary did an awesome job and Laurie did the canvas work. I'm very please on how it turned out. Can't wait to hit the water.
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (91.9 KB, 141 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (73.4 KB, 145 views)

Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    Just brought Danielle Rae home tonignt. Gary did an awesome job and Laurie did the canvas work. I'm very please on how it turned out. Can't wait to hit the water.
    That turned out GREAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    That turned out GREAT!!

Thanks LuJon! We are very pleased with it. Took her out this weekend to Whittier. It was flat calm, no wind and mostly clear skies. Shrimping was great. We are very glad we did made this modification. Got alot of attention at the docks and waiting in line to leave Whittier.

Thumbs up

Those mods look great, bet you can't wait to try them out!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Those mods look great, bet you can't wait to try them out!

It kept the sun at bay this weekend. Not anxious to try it in the rain as I prefer nice weather, but I'm sure it will do great in the rain. Dingy fits great underneath, and rocket launchers are stout to say the least. I don't put the pots on top to trailer as its pretty high up there, but works well at sea. Its nice to have plenty of space for a change.

I like that! I've been kicking around the idea of a radar arch and new rocket launchers on my boat.

Default sweet

I think I passed you this morning on the glenn heading towards anchorage.. Same boat and even had the grey in the left rear window.. Looked as a shrimp bouy blew out and you had to pull over on the flats.. I like the set up of the tarp..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    I think I passed you this morning on the glenn heading towards anchorage.. Same boat and even had the grey in the left rear window.. Looked as a shrimp bouy blew out and you had to pull over on the flats.. I like the set up of the tarp..
    That was me. I was heading to Deweys as there is a recall on the bildge pump wiring for some 2008 hewescrafts. I just happened to see my bouy fly out of the corner of my eye via mirror. I can believe someone actually hit it with a car. Bright Orange. Didn't hurt it though. If your truck has "HOYT" for License Plates on a truck, I think I saw you also.

Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    That was me. I was heading to Deweys as there is a recall on the bildge pump wiring for some 2008 hewescrafts. I just happened to see my bouy fly out of the corner of my eye via mirror. I can believe someone actually hit it with a car. Bright Orange. Didn't hurt it though. If your truck has "HOYT" for License Plates on a truck, I think I saw you also.

Yeah that was me.. wife was like *** is that in the road.. one car veered.. we went right and a vehicle just behind us and to the left nicked it.. and it flew right behind the truck in a flash.. It was quick thats for sure.. I like your boat.. I just got a Yellow sea runner HT. ( I like the orange one the best).. but they didnt have any more..

Yeah that was me.. wife was like *** is that in the road.. one car veered.. we went right and a vehicle just behind us and to the left nicked it.. and it flew right behind the truck in a flash.. It was quick thats for sure.. I like your boat.. I just got a Yellow sea runner HT. ( I like the orange one the best).. but they didnt have any more..
    I'm still not sure how that bouy got loose. It was tied to my dingy up top and tucked under the Arch. The rest of the rope and fender attaced to the end was still there. Your gonna like your Hewes. Funny you said that about the orange. I didn't want orange, but that was the last one and the price was really reduced so I couldn't pass up the deal We wanted Yellow. LOL But to be honest, Orange grew on us. If your gonna do any graphics to it, there is a kid who owns design graphics next to Gator Glass that did mine. He does a great job and pretty cheap. Did both sides for me for a little over 110 bucks last year. See you on the water.

Default PM

I will pm you when I get back with my number.. and I can hook up some graphics on it down the road.. I think the yellow looks like a big banana.. which is bad luck.. My fav color is florecent orange and green.... Picking a friend up in a couple hours from the airport and were headed out for a week or so..

Default Trade

I forgot to ask.. wanna trade? I have 5.1 hours on it..

I forgot to ask.. wanna trade? I have 5.1 hours on it..

Naw, I think I'll keep her. Got her set up the way I want now, just need my Toyo Heater install next year and I will be done. Good luck on you outing!

Nice looking set up

Thanks,

Here is another pic with the dingy on top. Don't travel with pots on top nor poles. Also another with sons new favorite hangout while anchored on a calm day in PWS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast