Thread: New Fishing Licenses

Lightbulb New Fishing Licenses

I was just reading the trooper reports and saw two violations for not having this years fish license.

Just a reminder. You need a new one on Jan.1st.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I up and bought new licenses this year, almonst $80. I do it every year, and its rare I dont buy a new license within the first week of Janurary.

Default New License

I purchased mine Dec. 30th because I was headed out to finger lake to fish the 31st, then Lake Lucille on the first. I am getting the itch to have a large king salmon on the line again.

Here is the link to buy your fishing & hunting licenses online

http://www.admin.adfg.state.ak.us/license/

They send them out very quickly, got mine after 2 days. You also print it for a temp until it comes.

Default Yep

I was on Flathorn that day and was checked immediately before the 2 gentlemen in question. I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but a costly one at that. We saw the same trooper driving around on Big Lake two days later. 'Tis the Season.

i lived in NM my whole life and never was checked. The first time i went out, at delong lake i was checked. I wasn't sure what to do..... weird for me i guess

I've never been checking in AK but I've been checked every single time I've fished out of state, even when I was 15 (apparently I needed a liscence too oops)
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

I been checked once fishing while Beach Lake during the summer. It was great to see them out there because the same group of people would catch their limit and take them to their vehicle and catch another 10 trout again and again and again until the day was over. I was there when they were caught, and never saw them fishing the lake again.

I have been check twice on a lake outside of Anchorage. It was odd because I almost never see anyone else fishing in this spot. The troopers I have met have all been great people to talk with.

What's even stranger is when I used to fish Ship Creek on a weekly basis I was never checked. The troopers would make their rounds on the creek and when they would come to me we would chat for a little bit and they would make their way to the next person, never asking me for my license. I am extremely careful on Ship Creek because they video tape the hot spots and use that as incriminating evidence.

I have been checked several times. It always seems to be non peak times when not many people are around. It always seems to be early season too. I did get checked once on a charter out of Seward, we were outside the bay and only 2 boats around.

Talking I am a target

I am a target. Since moving to PWS 6 years ago I have been checked 13-14 times in the boat. That does not count the 4-5 checks by the Coast Guard.

If you see my boat and don't have your license with you in your boat, it is best to head the other way. You are in the target zone.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012