For those of you that might be interested, the weekend of May 15th the South Peninsula Sportsmen's Association (SPSA) is holding their annual Calcutta King Tournament. I won't go into all the specifics because I don't know them that well, but basically you enter your boat Friday night, then there is an auction where people bid on all the boats that are entered. If you are the winning bidder on a particular boat and that boat catches the biggest king on Saturday you win a percentage of all the bids that were made on all the boats. And of course the boat that catches the biggest king also gets a monetary prize.

I am not a representative of the SPSA and I don't know all of the rules and prize structures. I've fished in the tournament many years and it's a lot of fun. There are some nice returning spawning kings caught each year. But if you want more information their number is: 235 - 8139. I can't remember exactly what the whole thing is for, but I do know it is a fund raiser for a very good fishing cause.