Thread: Buying a house where?!

Default Buying a house where?!

I'm moving my family up to Fairbanks at the end of June. Since I don't know anyone to ask, I thought I'd throw this up here.
    I'm looking hard at Walden Estates.

I've tried to find out as much as I can about this little neighborhood and all I can really find is that it used to be military housing.
    I'm dealing with a local real estate agent and awaiting word...still.

Does anyone know about this community? Good part of town? Ghetto-ish?
    Are there any similar condo's along this idea?
    There are just some things a real estate agent might leave out.

We're looking at spending $170-180,000. The plan is to live here for a long time and look for property to live on in the future.

Are there some Realtors to stay away from? Any recommended?
    Thank you in advance for any help.

norh pole AK

Default stay away

from walden estates. I was in the army and lived there when it was post housing. I believe it is rentals now. Best bet is live in north pole around badger road area imo. Look up wes madden real estate. most homes out here have big yards 1+ acres and most people are friendly.
    Also look in fairbanks daily newsminer. They have a web site. hope it helps

Unit 13

Walden estates was a rental unit also when I was in the military (98) and we rented a "room" ..... that place is ... ughh not worth it all..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default North Pole

You'll get more for your money in North Pole. It's just a few minutes further from shopping. As far as Real Estate agents go... I'd recommend Dave Pfrimmer (Frimmer) of Century 21 North Pole, he's treated me well through 2 home purchases. Good luck.

Fairbanks, AK

You should come up and rent a bit before deciding where to live. Personally I wouldn't dream of living in N. Pole (no offense NPians). Then again, most people in NP wouldn't care to live where I live. Like I said, put the buying a house on hold for a few months.
    Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?