Thread: 45 colt bullets

Default 45 colt bullets

I am getting started reloading. I've pulled together everything I need except bullets. I am also pretty new to handguns and want to put a bunch of 45 colt through my new S&W .460 before I move up to practicing with the big stuff and start carrying it fishing/hiking this year.

I've been looking for something along the line of a .452 200-250 gr SWC lead bullet. Apparently, they are a hot ticket item and are in pretty short suppy (even more so then most reloading stuff ). I tried everywhere locally that I could think of multiple times. Does anyone know of a place in Anchorage or Mat-su that has these? Any online recommendations?

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Why not just buy some heavy for caliber hard cast bullets that can be used in either cartridge. I use the Cast Performance LWFNGC with the dual crimp groove in my 45 Colt and I seat it in the rear groove. That gives me a bit more powder capacity. That would be a good bullet in the 460 I would think.

Try Colorado Cast Bullets, 2000 minimum order but he will flat rate mail the box for 14.00 postage. Works out to about 10.00 per 100.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by AlleninAlaska View Post
    Why not just buy some heavy for caliber hard cast bullets that can be used in either cartridge. I use the Cast Performance LWFNGC with the dual crimp groove in my 45 Colt and I seat it in the rear groove. That gives me a bit more powder capacity. That would be a good bullet in the 460 I would think.
    I'm not sure, aren't Cast Performance pretty $$$? Am I thinking of the right bullet? They would definitely work in the 460. I was hoping to shoot a couple of hundred rounds of 45 colt.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron-diuck View Post
    I'm not sure, aren't Cast Performance pretty $$$? Am I thinking of the right bullet? They would definitely work in the 460. I was hoping to shoot a couple of hundred rounds of 45 colt.
    Yeah, the're spendy, and you gotta pay freight.

Call Lee Stoner in Palmer.

Stoner bullet & Supply. 907-376-9488

I betcha he has what you want, and at the right price.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

+1 on Stoner. He makes a good bullet, plenty hard and a lot of different types and sizes.