Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much does the wife support your hunting?

Default How much does the wife support your hunting?

This ought to be a fun one.

Be truthful.

100%. Well...let's make that 95%. The only time it bothers her at all is when she can't go due to pregnancy or other reasons. She loves hunting, and absolutely loves that we eat wild game meat.

Just enough...
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Smile a bunch..

She always tells me to go and often goes with me. She loves the great outdoors and moose meat. I am a blessed man.

She grew up in AK but never really ate wild game or did anything other than campground camping. Then she met me and quickly realized that if she wanted to spend any time around me she would have to get on board with the whole "outdoors" gig. I bought her a snomachine and a fourwheeler as well as a plethora of other gear for hunting. And she quickly became very into hunting. Most of the guys thought it was just a ploy to get me hooked and it would all come to an end. Well 2 years post the wedding and still hoping the honeymoon doesn't end anytime soon. As it is right now she looks for now gear and says "when ya gonna plan our next backpacking trip" or "where we gonna go hunting this time off". So yeah so far so good, she's even crazy enough to be as excited as I am about a 150 mile backpacking trip the end of June we have planned as well as another 100 mile trip the end of July. Heck she is a faster backpacker than most of the guys I have hiked with and likely has more days in the field than most as well and she still comes back for more.

Which leads me to believe one of two things. She enjoys hunting and being outdoors, or its all a huge ploy for which I will pay dearly for later in our marriage. Man I hopes its not the latter.

My wife's family owned a sporting goods store, so she grew up working with this stuff and using it as a family. She'd think I was WEIRD if I didn't hunt. And fish. And camp. And reload. And build guns. And fly tie. And build rods. And own a boat.

But I know a lot of guys that hunt and fish to get away from the "little lady." Aint gonna happen in this house!

Default While I do not have a wife per se....

Every time we go to Frontier's or Sportsman's and show him all the things I want to buy he just rolls his eyes. Then we go to home depot or gamestop and it's the same thing for me

But, he does enjoy the meat I get

100%
    Leave the women at home to look after the kids though.
    She did do trapping and other stuff with her dad.
    Does want to go moose/bou hunting one of these times.
    She gets mad when i do not go out hunting.

Exactly what Brian said. The better half ROCKS when it comes to being outdoors. It is scary to see a 8 1/2 month Pregnant lady dipnetting and her three young kids bonking the Reds. (sniff sniff .. it brings a tear to me eye)

Lanche - They was me better half though I doubt we put in as many miles as you two do. It gets harder when the kids come.

Just my Nickel
    Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

How much? About 95%!! I'm still working on Austrailian buffalo!! Seriously though, my wife knows I really love all things hunting and she's totally on board (well, I guess she does get tired of some of the hunting videos I watch). But, the best part of the whole deal...She like's hunting and keeps bugging me to plan another adventure. No complaints here!

2008 Caribou.JPG

Griz.jpg

..................about as much as I support her shoes and handbags

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

100%....He says its much better to snuggle up to me than one of his burping, farting hunting buddies... at least this hunting buddy snuggles and doesn't smell as bad.....
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Couldn't resist...have to post a few more...

I's Muskox.JPG

R&I Moose.JPG

alright...last ones...

R's Impala.JPG

SA Kudu.jpg

Smile I'm lucky

Most guys get it all wrong. The trick is to take your wife hunting with you a few times. I see it as a win win situation. If she likes it you always have a hunting partner! If she doesn't she will at least somewhat understand why you are so infatuated with it plus she will see firsthand why you need good gear etc.

I just got lucky. My wife likes to hunt so she goes with me every and now then but most importantly she doesn't bitXX when I spent most of my free time hunting. Plus, she loves to cook wild game which to me makes hunting that much more enjoyable.

hint****Never ask your wife if you can go hunting!!! Just tell her your going hunting and ask her if she wants to go!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

my wife likes it when its comfy...and when i'm guiding, then it pays the bills...but like a woman i love, she misses me when i'm gone..makes coming home niiiccceeeeee.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

She goes along all summer/fall. She wants to harvest her first moose so bad.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    my wife likes it when its comfy...and when i'm guiding, then it pays the bills...but like a woman i love, she misses me when i'm gone..makes coming home niiiccceeeeee.
    Sounds like my wife. I told her a long time ago that if she didn't treat me so well when I got home from the guiding season, i would never leave. She didn't believe that, but she got the point.
    In the 30+ years I've known my better half she has 100% supported anything I've wanted to do, even if she thought it was stupid.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

So far I've heard nothing but good from the ladys. Good for all of you guys.

I know there are others out that have had the outs with the sig. other, let's hear those storys also.

Unlimited hunting/fishing without restrictions is located on my marriage paperwork in LARGE BOLD letters, with her signature underneth, She supports me 100%....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast