Thread: Both Baits Hit & Ready to Hunt!

Default Both Baits Hit & Ready to Hunt!

I went and checked my baits last night and both were cleaned out! I hope to hunt on Saturday night. I also set some shrimp pots and saw a nice bear on the beach. Anyone else have any bites yet?

What GMU you in? Us in 14A haven't got anything yet (well haven't checked in a few days)

Unit 2. I hope to hunt tonight, but the weather looks to change. Currently, we have light winds and no rain, but NOAA is predicting 15-20 Western winds and a 70% chance of rain. It's doable, but not enjoyable in a boat.

Talking

Dang it, Tuttu, we need pictures of dead bears!! Now you get out there and get us pictures! I don't want to hear about weather!

heehee

Taylor

Default Man this state is BIG

Man, I was gettin' all jacked up til I remembered where Unit 2 is... This state is Soooo Big, that's almost like another climate zone down there

What a Great Place To Hunt, Good Huntin' Tonight Tuttu

Pics by Mon night maybe? Aren't those like the biggest Black Bears in the state down there? You're gonna nail one
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Thanks guys. I went out yesterday and checked both baits. Bait 1, spooked a bear off the bait when I went in. Bait 2 (the one I was going to sit), I spooked another bear off the bait. I sat until dark and the bear came back in. It was about a 6 footer. It had a really nice hide, but not what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuttu View Post
    Thanks guys. I went out yesterday and checked both baits. Bait 1, spooked a bear off the bait when I went in. Bait 2 (the one I was going to sit), I spooked another bear off the bait. I sat until dark and the bear came back in. It was about a 6 footer. It had a really nice hide, but not what I was looking for.
    Big, nice hide, what else is there?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgefan01 View Post
    Big, nice hide, what else is there?!
    Bigger with a nicer hide. And they come that way in GMU 2.

Quote Originally Posted by samsoniam View Post
    Bigger with a nicer hide. And they come that way in GMU 2.
    Then happy hunting! Good luck!

Default Don't mean to be picky, but...

I don't mean to be picky, but I'm looking for a monster this year. Also, I don't have to shoot a bear. I just enjoy being out and watching bears. I'm looking for that 7 1/2 to 8 foot range. Bears can be tough to judge though. I'll probably end up shooting a 5 footer thinking it's a monster! LOL! I hope to hunt this weekend. Best of luck.

I didn't take it that way and i hope i didn't come across like that. Them are great ETHICS and i agree 100% that just watching them is worth being out there. A buddy of mine just told me that he put out his bait on Monday (close to mine) and reported a huge GRIZ track on "our" trail. We'll see what pics i can pick up w/the stealth cam..

I wish I had it so good!

I'm pretty much forced to shoot whatever comes in if I absolutely want to eat a bear for the year. Last year we only had two black bears into the bait. The rest were brownies.

You may get to see my beamin' face sitting behind a 4 1/2 foot bear before it's over...

Taylor

On the flip side, good eatin'

14A, Checked on Wednesday, Nothing YET. Put out some pretty SWEET stuff for 'em though

I did get busted by a nice moose out about 30 yds from my bait

Checked last night, no hits. Added some SWEETS and did a good long burn while tinkering with other things.

Talked with another fella and he claims no hits either with his or buddies. First time hunting 14A, i'm trying to stay motivated but i've never had to wait this long for a hit

How's everyone else's coming?

Default No Hits

I'm off of the Elliott and haven't gotten any hits yet either, as of Tuesday. Will be checking again Friday.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgefan01 View Post
    Checked last night, no hits. Added some SWEETS and did a good long burn while tinkering with other things.

Talked with another fella and he claims no hits either with his or buddies. First time hunting 14A, i'm trying to stay motivated but i've never had to wait this long for a hit

How's everyone else's coming?
    I'm assuming this is a new stand. It will take time, I have a new stand too and haven't had a hit yet. Patience my friend. If there are bears around they'll find it eventually!
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I appreciate the motivating words my friend